Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with coarse white sparkling sugar, if desired. This ones even simpler. Because almond banana bread will come out soggy in the middle. PLUS: 5 Impressive Benefits of Monk Fruit. This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend. I think the reason why my Easy Banana Nut Muffins recipe was so successful is because it is so super duper easy and virtually fail-proof. At that level of cacao, you’ll get the maximum health benefits with the least amount of additives and processing. I know you probably have questions because oatmeal in muffins? Thanks for your advice. Great recipe! Stir everything together until all of the wet ingredients are well combined. Adding oats can actually make muffins less dense which is why I love them so much. Seriously so good. I wasn’t sure if it would be less flour if i was using the 100% Whole Grain Whole Wheat flour. Your email address will not be published. Hopefully, that will help next time! * To make these muffins vegan, all you need to replace is the one egg with a flax egg. Wow.. a sugar free, fat free muffin. Make small almond flour banana breads in a shape of muffins. You'll love these easy banana muffins -- made without butter or refined sugar. Directions. Serve the muffins warm, straight out of the oven, or enjoy them the next day! So easy to make and really tasty. I needed a dessert for guests but don't have flour in the house I found this recipe and it is just perfect. I have not tried this muffin with other gluten free flours like almond or cassava. Thank you again for your time and help! Hope the muffins still turn out well. They’re made with wholesome oat flour, which is naturally gluten free, mashed banana, greek yogurt, and a touch of brown sugar for sweetness. If you would like to keep these muffins dairy-free, you could also use a plain dairy-free almond or coconut milk greek yogurt. Plain Greek Yogurt: The plain greek yogurt keeps these muffins tender and moist, while also packing a punch of protein. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. hi, I love you Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. Grease and line a 12-muffin tin and set aside. Because they use oatmeal flour which has way more fiber than regular all purpose flour. I just added with the soda:) and it worked out. This recipe makes about 15 mini muffins, Depending on the variety of oats you use, you'll need about 2-2 1/2 cups oats to make 2 cups oat flour. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder (if using) and salt. Pre-heat oven to 175 degree Celcius. And when I have these oatmeal breakfast muffins ready, I’m one step closer to pushing everybody out of the door. Combine batter: Add the wet ingredients into the … I mean – it’s one bowl of stuff you mix together, and then bake. If you buy from these links, I may earn a small income. Almond flour chocolate chip cookies – … We have had a heat wave here recently. Monk fruit is becoming the new go-to alternative sweetener, holding its ranks and even rising above some of the current favorites. Thanks for sharing. Hooray! So: no refined flour, no added sweeteners, and no added oils. Those are from the days when my photography sucked as you can see but they tasted just as amazing. I’ve grown up in the kitchen along side my mum and grandmothers and conversations in my family are always about the next meal. Since I spoke about oatmeal flour, I know you have another question now. Who doesn’t love that yummy vanilla flavor? These are so good and easy. Since I was making a half batch, I added a full egg instead of half an egg. To make the best banana chocolate chip muffins ever. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Your email address will not be published. Thanks for sharing such a clean recipe. Be sure to line or grease your muffin tin. Do not over mix. To make oats flour, just grind oats to a fine powder. So, I went to work on making a new and improved banana chocolate chip muffin recipe. So good! It didn’t seem to affect the recipe at all. Glad you liked them! More Yummy Almond Flour Recipes. Just a hint of sweetness. Next, fold in the chocolate chips. First off: they needed to be healthier. I even add walnuts, pecans or almonds sometimes to these with chocolate chip (don’t leave that out) and they only make the muffins taste better. Let me count the ways you’re so good to me: no mixer required, less than 30 minutes from start to finish, taste ridiculously amazing, we’re using healthy fats, use brown sugar instead of white sugar, are moist, soft, and tender perfection. Yum! They are the beeessssst! You can also add that flaxseed meal to other recipes for added nutrients, like this Kiwi & Kale Smoothie – FYI. I will be making these banana chocolate chip muffins next week. The muffins did not rise at all. . This post will give you all the info and will highlight 5 fantastic... Hey y’all, I’m Lacey Baier and I’m so glad you’re here! You can’t use this muffin recipe and make almond flour banana bread. Will the texture change, If I add a little Oat flour to the mixture?! I’ve picked up their love for food along the way, and with this blog, I share my food story with you. These healthier muffins are made with whole grain oat flour, which is naturally gluten free, and get their sweetness from ripe bananas and a touch of brown sugar. 5 Bananas? I tried making these over the weekend and man i am in love with them!! We’ve made then with frozen whole cranberries frozen raspberries and dark chocolate..we made one batch with honey and one batch with sugar(3/4 cup)..this recipe has been added to my cookbook!!! These were yummy. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. This is sure to be a recipe you’ll be sure to come back to time and time again! Hi Rebecca! So, I added in 5 ripe bananas and, to my happy surprise, it turned out beautifully. I know some of you must be like – you don’t have to go anywhere. (Especially when I told them that there is no added sugar). . Texture is great! What contains that much salt? I also wanted to remove ALL added sweeteners to this muffin recipe. Oh, and it bakes up as tenderly and as lightly as all-purpose flour, which is just so very awesome. Hello again Lacey, you are a godsend and I’m so happy I found your healthy clean cooking site. LOVE YOU SITE! I live in Dallas, Texas with my husband and four kiddos. So easy and delicious!! For me, cinnamon is never optional with bananas, though. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. Mix well. Thank you for posting this recipe! Set aside. Mix together with a spoon, and let sit for 5-10 minutes to set up and thicken. I can’t wait to whip up a batch for the next office potluck. Instead, get the most out of your chocolate with a 70% cacao dark chocolate. To make this super easy, I love to use a potato masher. If you don’t think you’ll be able to eat all of the muffins within 2-3 days, you can freeze them! To make oat flour, just add a few cups of gluten-free rolled oats to your food processor or blender. And so easy to make!! They are made with no flour, oil or refined sugar, but with a delicious flavor and the perfect texture, you’d never guess it. I wasn’t expecting them to taste good but they were delicious. It’s everything a clean eating person could dream of for baked goods. Place the muffins in the freezer for a few hours until frozen solid. One of my favorite things about these banana chocolate chip muffins is that they freeze and reheat really well. https://myfoodstory.com/oatmeal-banana-chocolate-chip-muffins-recipe-2 Or cranberry like I’ve tried before. Thanks so much for sharing <3, I know, right?!?! Just in case someone else misses it. I was getting bored with my old banana bread recipe and this is something fun and different (also way healthier than the recipe I used to use!). Mixing the ingredients gave off a wonderful banana aroma and it got even better as the muffins were baking! Thanks for sharing! I’m Richa, the cook, writer and photographer behind this little blog. I use med-large bananas – nothing too crazy small or big will work fine , I am 14 and I just made these and they were so so so simple and AMAZING. These healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are the PERFECT solution to your ripe bananas and don't use any refined flours OR sugar or oil! We have fruit provided at work and sometimes there are quite a few bananas left on Friday, so I take them home and bake on the weekend. For the chocolate, don’t make these super healthy banana chocolate chip muffins right here and and make the mistake of using an unhealthy-ish chocolate. My kids ate half the batch right out of the oven. It’s like a rule, I’m told. Easy Turkey Noodle Soup | Perfect For Thanksgiving Leftovers! Consume within 2-3 days. Will definitely make these again! Then, add to the recipe as you would an egg. So feel free to add your favorite flavors and make these oatmeal banana chocolate chip muffins your own. Perfect for a health conscious family Bake the muffins for 20 to 23 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center of one of the middle muffins in the pan comes out clean. Grease a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray. That’s because, when I created that recipe, I hadn’t yet fallen in LOVE with a clean eating lifestyle. In the afternoon I often get so tired, and that’s when I’m likely to reach for something to give me a boost, and usually that means some kind of sugary biscuit. Banana: Pick ripe bananas with plenty of brown spots for the best results. Add the banana, Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Required fields are marked *. If you are making homemade oat flour, be sure to pulse or blend the oats until they have turned into a fine flour for the best results. I’ve since used the base recipe and replaced the chocolate chips with other things, my favourite so far has been Apple and Raisins. I honestly think I’m going to make this every week now, and the ingredients are so simple, healthy & cheap. Interesting recipe…very easy. Absolutely.