It is my kids favorite muffin but I never wrote it down…, Hey Katie, unfortunately I do not. 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour; 1 1/2 tsp. The muffins did rise perfectly. This recipe makes about 36 mini muffins or 12 regular muffins. Check your inbox now for your free ebook. After the release of my new book last week, I was definitely in need of a chocolate hit, and these muffins delivered. These Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins are really quick and easy to make. Get ready for the upgraded version! feel like The Hunger Games. These came out great, except I would leave out the sea salt. And that my friends is where this recipe was born! Or banana bread? To reheat, wrap muffins in a paper towel and place in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Thank you! But you don't want to have to eat super-not healthy cake for days after? My only issue is a small one. It doesn’t have to be exact. Since we use banana and a small amount of natural sweetener here, I think it’s absolutely fine to add some dark chocolate chips. - please tell me I'm not), packed lunches, afternoon snacks, dessert, supper, or just anytime you need a chocolate-y comfort food hit. That is all. Also, depending on where you live, almond meal may be the same as almond flour (ask your local natural foods store, they will know.) Using a spatula, mix until wet and dry ingredients are completely combined! And I adapted your very popular self into muffin form. The toothpick should come out clean. Eggs bind these muffins together and make them nice and fluffy. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Because I had ME at double chocolate. No mixer or blender. I'm still on the kind of healthy train, shall we say 80% of the time? Every woman should get this book. Some personal stuff that's been going on of late, has me thinking that life's far too short to not be enjoying every single little thing, and that includes food. What would the equivalent measurement to 3 bananas be? amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; This means you can place any bowl on the scale and reset to zero so it doesn’t include the weight in it’s calculation, plus you can reset to zero when adding multiple ingredients to the same bowl which saves on washing up. Add in cocoa powder, white whole wheat flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. These muffins are so delicious! White Whole Wheat Flour. Let the muffins cool completely before eating to allow them to set. Also in one section it says preheat to 375 in another section it says preheat to 350, which is it? These Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Muffins are the muffins of your dreams! Usually they are gone in 2 days and once you try them you’ll find out why. This is just my type of favorite recipe- healthy and delicious. Get Elizabeth’s Top 5 Do-It-Yourself Recipes Now! at first thought ‘oh no l didn’t add eggs’ but realized the recipe didn’t call for them, very chocolatey & healthy. EXCERPTS AND LINKS MAY BE USED, PROVIDED THAT FULL AND CLEAR CREDIT IS GIVEN TO A VIRTUAL VEGAN WITH APPROPRIATE AND SPECIFIC DIRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT. Thanks for the tip Mel! Because healthy living doesn’t have to I will definitely try that next time. Required fields are marked *. I haven’t personally tried this, so if you do let us know in the comments! ★☆ It’s high in antioxidants and doesn’t contain any added sugar. I had you at double chocolate. Maybe try 400°F for 5 mins and then 350°F for 10 to 12 mins or until done. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "joyheaeat0e-20"; If stored properly these banana muffins will last up to 3 days on the counter. Sprinkle the … Perfect for when you are having a need muffins & need chocolate kind of moment. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/400°F/gas mark 6 and line a 12-bun muffin tin with papers. You can skip them altogether if you prefer. A few grams either side is ok though. Warm Fall Farro Salad with Maple Dijon Dressing, The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars, Super Easy Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Dough, An Easy Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs (Foolproof + Tender). It's the best health + lifestyle book I've read in a long time! Unplug the food processor and remove the blade, then gently fold in the chocolate chips. Hi Melanie, I’ve only tried this with almond flour, but if your almond meal is finely ground it may work, but you’ll have to test it. Hope that helps! This recipe is specifically written for almond flour and since it’s so specific it can’t be substituted. Store the muffins in a sealed container. I love a good banana bread recipe but adding chocolate to the mix, (quite literally) well that’s just a game changer in every way possible! Hope that helps! I grease the wells lightly, just in case, and the muffins pop right out. Don't subscribe Love love these muffins, they are absolutely divine. Perfect for breakfast, lunch boxes, snacks or dessert. In fact, they are healthy enough for breakfast, second breakfast (am I the only greedy being who has a second breakfast? Otherwise all the other ingredients was great. amzn_assoc_linkid = "b6fda21809e1abd87ef5b88f6b178ab6"; Just maple syrup and bananas, which adds to the moistness of these babies! Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread?I see you. I had a different version of this recipe earlier, it had applesauce and greek yogurt in it. Thank you! ★☆ It is important not to over-bake these muffins. I share well-tested, creative, flavour-packed vegan recipes with clear, step-by-step instructions. These still taste amazing, hence the 5 star rating!! Using a fork mash up bananas until just very small lumps are left. When I set out to develop this recipe, I had more of a simple chocolate muffin idea in my mind. What do you do when life gives you brown bananas? Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Tea Recipe (Golden Milk), Superfood Black Bean & Quinoa Salad Recipe, The Perfect Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe, Perfect Easy-to-Peel Hard Boiled Eggs [The Trick! Secrets out. A pre-requisite of my life is that I have to enjoy my food. Well Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins are your solution.