This can also be made a day ahead -- just put in the fridge and add 10-15 minutes to baking time when ready to cook! Named for the town from which it hails (Amatrice in central Italy), this sauce typically combines pancetta with tomatoes. We were surprised and delighted by how well lasagna cooks up in the slow cooker. Just meat, sauce and noodles. We finally had a day under 100 degrees so I decided to cook last night. No-boil noodles absorb more liquid during baking for a sturdy slice after freezing and reheating. It was SO simple and easy! This zucchini eggplant lasagna makes use of fresh summer produce in a filling meatless entrée. Make it smoky with chipotle salsa, or spice it up with the hot stuff. Once cooked, stir in marinara sauce, set aside. Boil them in hot water with a little butter comes out great. Photo: Johnny Autry, Credit: Then build the individual lasagna portions, and bake them all together. For this gluten-free vegan lasagna, thinly-sliced zucchini is a great stand in for noodles. Thanks for posting nutrition info and sharing this recipe. It’s time to cozy up with the BEST Easy Healthy Lasagna recipe for dinner tonight. I agree … no boil lasagna is where it’s at!! Usually I would just use regular cheese, but idk.. this sounds soo good and everyone seems to love it!! Your email address will not be published. It has all of the goodness of classic lasagna, but lightened up and packed with protein for a skinny version of the traditional recipe… Even better, many of them can even be made ahead of time and frozen, or prepared in the slow cooker. Enjoy a large serving! Freezer: Assemble lasagna. Easy Healthy Lasagna is the quintessential winter meal that must happen in your life. Photo: Brian Woodcock. Wonderful recipe!! A new favorite in my house! But I have a question  on the serving size it says 6 servings but it looks like your cutting it into more how big is a serving? Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Follow with a layer of pasta, then a layer of … Our general interest e-newsletter keeps you up to date on a wide variety of health topics. Photo: Jennifer Davick, Credit: Clock full of winter veggies and cheese -- a healthier version to a family favorite! I served it with garlic bread and your Italian salad. Pour over the white sauce, and scatter with the parmesan. No thanks! Add whole garlic cloves (2) and toss. Drain and let cool. Love that it’s healthier, but still so tasty! Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. So glad to hear that you and husband enjoyed. Use baby spinach to eliminate the task of trimming stems. Already have an account with us? Get the recipe here. It has so much delicious flavor. It's layered with pasta, ratatouille and sliced aubergine, and packs in all of your five-a-day, Make this healthy pea and leek lasagne in just 25 minutes. Here’s a little help from me to you. Mozzarella – If possible, try to avoid the mozzarella that comes pre-packed and shredded. Lasagna is the perfect comfort food. Cooking Light is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. You can make the marinara in advance, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Thank you so much for this recipe. We tried the recipe with specially formulated no-bake noodles, and they didn't work as well. Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner, Credit: This reader favorite has half the carbs of classic lasagna. With ricotta cheese and spinach already tucked inside each ravioli, this is a shortcut way to a well-rounded lasagna. Will definitely make this one again. You don't think of lamb when you think of lasagna, but that's one of the reasons you'll love this dish. Thanks for sharing . If you freeze the unbaked lasagna (can keep in the freezer for up to one month) - add 1 1/4 hours to baking time if cooked while still frozen -- an emergency meal life safer! I made it and gave to a few friends….they loved it too. Sweet-as-candy grape tomatoes burst and release their moisture and flavor, while earthy-bitter broccoli rabe and milder Broccolini balance the taste. This polenta lasagna is a great way to work extra vegetables into a weeknight meal, as it calls for chopped zucchini, mushrooms, onion, and red bell pepper. Do not bake. Hearty, earthy kale perfectly balances the sweet squash. Thank you! Caitlin Bensel, Credit: Bake for 30 minutes and let stand 10 minutes before serving. I actually bought the stuff to make it this week too! Photo: John Autry, Credit: This is one of my go-to recipes that we make all of the time. Using low-fat cheeses and extra-lean ground beef saves 100 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving. View Recipe: Lasagna with Grape Tomatoes and Broccoli Rabe "Fresh" is a word not often associated with lasagna, yet that's exactly the sensation this one offers. This can also be made a day ahead -- just put in the fridge and add 10-15 minutes to baking time when ready to cook! Store-bought tomato sauce offers convenience and is perked up with a little fresh basil, garlic, and ground red pepper. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. This Simple Cooking with Heart classic Italian recipe has a healthy twist to include lots of veggies along with some other nutritious ingredients to make it a heart healthy entree that tastes delicious! In a large saucepan, cook ground turkey, onion& garlic in a combination of the oil and nonstick cooking spray. Best ever healthy salad recipes under 500 calories, Best ever chicken recipes under 500 calories. But we guarantee your family will go nuts for it. Subscription offer: save 44% and receive a brand-new cookbook. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For sauce, cook ground beef, onion, carrot, and garlic in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. It has all of the goodness of classic lasagna, but lightened up and packed with protein for a skinny version of the traditional recipe! 4 In a deep oven dish, place a third of the meat mixture. I’ve had never thought to use cottage cheese as an alternative. Shrimp shells render a quick stock to flavor the sauce. Put 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Stir the spinach though the sauce, and simmer until it wilts. Please stick around and join me on my journey to create healthy, clean and yummy food for myself and my family. Cooking Light, Credit: Anyway, thanks for the great recipe! I love lasagna and this recipe totally hit the spot. This was a huge hit at our house! This recipe really was easy and so tasty too! Add sauce and simmer 15 minutes. Bake for 1 hour or until the sauce is bubbling and the top is golden. Marinara – You could definitely make your own, but there are some really great store-bought options out there. Make Ahead: Assemble lasagna and cover it with plastic wrap. Healthy lasagne recipes. Will definitely be checking out your other recipes! When salted, the excess moisture is drawn out, leaving you with a lasagna just as firm as the noodle version. We played it straight with this lasagna standard, which retains all of its meaty, cheesy, saucy goodness but has less than half the calories. If you want major comfort food, you’ve got to add this family-friendly dish to your menu. You could even try the Italian seasoned ground turkey, but my store was out when I went to pick up items for this recipe. Ramekins help keep these cheesy, decadent layers in portion-perfect shape. Share your name and email to receive a free guide for making the BEST whole grain pancakes and waffles and my exclusive Copycat Kodiak Cakes Flapjack and Waffle recipe. Heat 1 tsp oil in another pan. I swapped the whole wheat pasta for green lentil. Lasagna Noodles – You guys.. no boil is where it’s at! Photo: Jennifer Causey; Food Styling: Torie Cox; Prop Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine, Credit: