A place for Christians to discuss rational arguments for the faith. These Rishis again and again claim to have composed the hymns themselves just as a carpenter makes objects. The Rishis knew that as 'density' increased and human consciousness devolved into a miasma of amnesia, we would not be able to comprehend words as ‘spheres’ of layered and multiple meanings. Rig Vedic scholarship is complex, conflicted and confused as these quotes from scholars reveal: "To this day there is no internally consistent and coherent interpretation of the Vedas." It was Vyasa who, along with Mahatharvan, another great sage, convinced the community to include the fourth Veda – the Atharvana Veda – on the same level as the other three Vedas. The Norimitsu Odachi is a huge sword from Japan. The Rig Veda was composed by our great “Rishis” (ancient sages). The Oneness is! But here’s the thing about the Vedas — there is no acclaimed human author. How did the world come into existence? Medieval Icelanders were fascinated by genealogy, not only because, as emigrants, What’s Behind Increasing Paranormal Activity? Are Fossils Linked to the Legendary Kraken Enough to Prove its Terrifying Existence? Therefore in order to preserve sacred Truth throughout the ensuing degeneration of human consciousness in Time, they encoded the eternal metaphysical principles that create, sustain, and destroy the universe into personified deities to make these abstract subtle concepts easier for limited five-sense perception to grasp. Critical Analysis of Vedas: A Rishi is a poet of the Vedas. Only a highly and technologically advanced civilization could have evolved the subtle ideas expressed in the Vedas. Top 15 Interesting Facts About Ancient Egypt That You May Not Know, 1,200-Year-Old Telephone, Amazing Invention of the Ancient Chimu Civilization, The Evidence is Cut in Stone: A Compelling Argument for Lost High Technology in Ancient Egypt, Beaver's teeth 'used to carve the oldest wooden statue in the world’, Ten amazing inventions from ancient times, The Lost World of Socotra: The Most Alien-Looking Place on Earth, Ten Stunning Yet Little Known Ancient Treasures Across Africa. We Veil our great Oneness in individuality and the temporal illusion of separation via signals transmitted as differentiated perception through the five senses to the brain. Who wrote vedas ? The verses can be understood and translated from the perspective of history, science, philosophy, physics, and metaphysics. When ancient Egypt and Ireland are spoken about in the same breath it usually results in the rolling of eyes, polite exits and the sound of murmurs citing pseudo-history and new age babble. The Vedas came first, so they are called the source scripture for Hinduism. but i dont think the upanishads have the same,like before you see a hymn in veda samhitha, you find”so and so is the devatha,so and so is the meter,and so and so is the rishi”but i hav not seen(or perhaps i havent noticed) the same with upanishads.hence i dont think i can come to a conclusion about it. Where are Ashkenazi Jews from? Our open community is dedicated to digging into the origins of our species on planet earth, and question wherever the discoveries might take us. The meaning of the word Rishi (ऋषि ) as given in Nirukt is Rishi darshanat (ऋषिर्दार्शनात), which means ‘seer’. Quite often I go through a lot of topics which interest me. The number of mantras in a Suktas varies from just one (1-99) to 58 (IX-97). Answer: The four Vedas – Rig, Sama, Yajur, and Atharva – are not the work of any single author. It is generally regarded as one of the later hymns, probably composed in the 9th century BCE. made by a non-human agency. Rig Veda 10:129 is in a famous hymn of the tenth mandala. The Sanskrit word ‘deva’ is traditionally translated as gods, but literally means light or the bright shining ones. Many other scriptures were written in ancient India, including the Ramayana, Mahabharat, and the Puranas. To use the technical term the vedas are called Apaurusheya i.e. Elongated Human Skulls Of Peru: Possible Evidence Of A Lost Human Species? The meaning of the word Rishi (ऋषि) as given in Nirukt is Rishi darshanat (ऋषिर्दार्शनात), which means ‘seer’. All of these scriptures were based on the teachings of the Vedas. In the Mahabharat, there is a small section in which Sri Krishna teaches the mighty warrior Arjuna the same spiritual truths first taught in the Vedas. In my considered opinion, the Rig Veda reflects the knowledge and wisdom of civilizations far superior to ours and thus gives us authentic glimpses into the previous cycles of time. It was around this time that I first learned about the spiritual path and began... Read More. More posts from the ChristianApologetics community, Continue browsing in r/ChristianApologetics. about Elongated Human Skulls Of Peru: Possible Evidence Of A Lost Human Species? I admit that four years of teaching myself Sanskrit is insufficient to the task. At Ancient Origins, we believe that one of the most important fields of knowledge we can pursue as human beings is our beginnings. The Rig Veda Seers were carrying the consciousness of the previous cycles of time, the Satya Yuga and the Treta Yuga. As portions of the infinite immutable immeasurable One and for the sake of our adventure into consciousness, we are pretending to be separate. What is the Rig Veda? What is written in Vedas? The Nephilim: Giant Offspring of the Sons of God and the Daughters of Man? God revealed these sacred truths to the ancient sages, and the sages composed hymns and texts in the Sanskrit language to express these truths. The fact that there are countless other life forms in the universe does not imply that there is no God. The Rigveda, or other Vedas, do not anywhere assert that they are apauruṣeyā, and this reverential term appears only centuries after the end of the Vedic period in the text… Because no Sanskrit traces available till king Ashoka's period, according to Indian Archeology Department. No definite date can be ascribed to the composition of the Vedas, but the period of … This is sufficient to show that Rishis were the ones who made up the mantras. each hymn in vedas is associated with its seer. Nor does this conclusion demean humanity in any way, for it also celebrates the greatness of every courageous soul who has chosen to come here to participate in the grand ongoing process of seeding the universe. Moreover, it is said that different Rishis composed rig Vedic hymns or Sukta. The Rig Veda is a group of poems that people in India first sang and recited maybe about 1500 BC.. That was soon after the Yamnaya – the Indo-Europeans – arrived in India. Questions from Bal Vihar Students. The Seers, the Rishis who wrote these hymns were not only enlightened adepts and genius poets — they were also masters of highly advanced technology and sciences, which included space, the heliosphere, aerial ships, radiation weaponry, and climate modification.