I love finding probiotic/cultured options, the more natural the food the better, and the sour/tangy taste some reviewers didn't care for sounded good to me. Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2020. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. This is the best cream cheese I have ever tasted. Finally, our favorite cottage cheese had to have good texture: defined curds that were chewy, but not rubbery; creamy, but not grainy; and that had a pleasant flavor that was neither too sour nor too bland. This page works best with JavaScript. Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2017. this tastes so amazing, because of the cultures- I eat a little bit with some honey or jam on toast- amazing- I bet it would make a very tasty cheesecake- this is often cheaper than Philadelphia cream cheese too! Sour. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. . In fact, you will probably have to hunt to find a product with probiotics. it tastes fabulous and whenever I eat it, my digestion and regularity improve greatly! Reviewed in the United States on December 6, 2016. To make wet cottage cheese, those dry curds are then tossed with a "cream dressing." Some of the benefits of probiotics found through studies include the following: We here at The Dairy Dish did a search for brands that contain probiotics. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for Nancy's, Cultured Cream Cheese, 8 oz, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Additionally, there is also supplementation in pill form (see below) with many pills cantaining several probiotucs strains. Live cultures are added to dairy to help with fermentation and/or to provide a health benefit to the consumer. No additions to the cheeses were allowed, but we did have sliced apples available for palate cleansing between samples. See terms. Since 1995, Epicurious has been the ultimate food resource for the home cook, with daily kitchen tips, fun cooking videos, and, oh yeah, over 33,000 recipes. What Does an Everything Bagel Have on it? Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Friendship does have added cream, but it only adds richness to those milky, tightly-grouped curds, without yielding the sloshy liquid found in some other brands. //