Again, make sure you are stirring constantly to help the flavors blend. There are a few ways to infuse hot chocolate with peppermint. In a small microwave-safe container, combine almond milk and peppermint extract. Wow, This looks yummy. Also, if you switch from whipping cream to half-and-half you'll save another 12 g fat and 80 calories per serving. I will try it for sure. It definitely helps give this peppermint hot chocolate a richer mouthfeel! This type of coconut milk is ultra creamy and decadent. finely chopped semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips, whipped cream, marshmallows, and crushed candy canes. Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe – a creamy hot chocolate recipe with a hint of peppermint that is perfect for the holidays and chilly days! There are also some variations to help you customize this peppermint hot chocolate to be exactly what you’re looking for. You can certainly whisk it, but I find mixing it with a milk frother (affiliate link) to be better. Please note that our recipes have been developed using the US Customary measurement system and have not been tested for high altitude/elevation cooking and baking. I like to buy pure peppermint extract, which is made with alcohol and peppermint oil. The milk frother creates a super smooth and frothy peppermint hot chocolate! Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Let me, PLEASE EAT CARBS AND FAT! Rice milk, hemp milk, oat milk, soy milk, etc. Whether you're here for an easy, healthy recipe or you're looking for coaching for weight loss without deprivation, I'm here to help you live and feel your best! All rights reserved. Stir well and cook 2-3 minutes longer. McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract dials up the minty taste. We've changed it to 2% milk (1% or fat-free could be used if desired). Your email address will not be published. More than a hint of cool mint makes this delicious sipper a special switch from traditional hot chocolate. These cookies do not store any personal information. This homemade hot chocolate recipe with peppermint and white chocolate is easy to make and the perfect winter treat! It’s amazing, simple to make and perfect for a cold winters night! Stir in peppermint extract. Thank you! But, since peppermint can be an assertive flavor, it’s important to strike the right balance for a great mug of hot chocolate. It’s decadent, made with semisweet dark chocolate melted into warm milk and cream. Top it with crushed candy canes, Andes mints or even crushed Oreo cookies for an extra special treat. For more information about this, please see our disclosure policy.As an associate of Amazon.com/Amazon.uk/Amazon.ca/Amazon.de/Amazon.fr/Amazon.it and other websites, I may earn a small commission whenever you click through a link from this site. Reheating only takes a few minutes on the stove, over a low flame. This is the most wonderful decadent peppermint chocolate I’ve had! I know you, PSA: YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ENOUGH WILLPOWER! When you subscribe, you'll score a copy of my e-book, "The Ultimate Guide to Cutting Your Household Expenses!" Whisk 1/2 cup cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and milk in medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to boil. And love your step by step instruction to make this at home. This peppermint hot chocolate recipe is perfect as a new Christmas Eve tradition. Replies to my comments Peppermint is to the winter months what pumpkin spice is to fall: cozy, essential, and divine in the right proportions. When you make this homemade hot chocolate recipe, it calls for using white chocolate chips.