Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light. We cannot selectively numb emotions, when we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions. This post may contain affiliate links. Fitting in is being accepted for being like everyone else. Wake up to the wisdom that you’re enough with my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. She talks about being vulnerable, and she walks the talk. Brene´ has a new book coming out, Daring Greatly, and you can preorder it from her website and get special “party favors” along with it. Vulnerability is about sharing our feelings and our experiences with people who have earned the right to hear them. I’ve prided myself on being able to plow through work and sit there until the job is done. I’m not yet sure what it will be, and I wonder how I’ll ever keep it to a single word. It’s like you learn to swim by swimming. Terms | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer, FREE mini art print with every $50 you spend + FREE shipping on all US orders :), Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day, The Unbroken, A Poem about Loss by Rashani Réa, 21 Journal Prompts to Help You Make Decisions with Integrity and Love. She says people think she has everything figured out, but she doesn’t. If I get … I’m also throwing in some quotes on empathy and boundaries because she has some lovely thoughts on those, too. “Those who have a strong sense of love and belonging have the courage to be imperfect.” – Brené Brown, 3. Brené talks about how loving ourselves leads to connection with others How self … When Brene´ sits down to write or prepare for a talk, it is still hard for her. She selected a single word that she used as a touch point to guide her through the year. Don’t try to win over the haters; you’re not the jackass whisperer. P.S. They don’t care about the statistics or the graphs. Ethan Nichtern, a popular Buddhist teacher, talks about the Tibetan concept of coemergence. BRIAN ANDREAS . Sharon Salzberg, author of the classic Lovingkindness, is a true meditation guru and spiritual teacher. I hope you have a chance to check some of them out, and let me know what you think. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness. We have a great covered patio, and I think I’ve sat outside more this month than in all the months we’ve lived here combined (about 5 years). As the title suggests, today, I’ve got a collection of my favorite Dr. Brene Brown quotes on shame, vulnerability, and courage. It’s not oversharing, it’s not purging, it’s not indiscriminate disclosure, and it’s not celebrity-style social media information dumps. I first heard about it from reading Brene´ Brown’s blog, Ordinary Courage. Vulnerability is based on mutuality and requires boundaries and trust. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. What we don’t need in the midst of struggle is shame for being human. Busy has always been a good thing in my family. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. I hope that they have inspired you to heal the shame you are holding onto so that you can move forward with vulnerability, courage, and empathy. I wonder if they’ve done much decorating in their house…, How many of us have parts of ourselves that we don’t like? Shame resilience is the ability to say, “This hurts. 241. For that reason, regret can be the birthplace of empathy.” – Brené Brown, 10. Maybe a part of our appearance (My thighs are too fat)? Brené Brown, Ph.D., L.M.S.W., author of The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are, is quite simply, amazing! This concept extends beyond helping. Why would my word be “word”? It’s our fear of the dark that casts our joy into the shadows. It’s on the side bar, or you can click here. Thank you for supporting my work in this way. We frequently hear people verbalize these types of self-critiques to their friends, families and even strangers online. The choice to be honest. Quotable Quotes Me Quotes Berne Brown Brene Brown Zitate The Gift Of Imperfection Rising Strong Brene Brown Quotes Daring Greatly Way Of Life. I love it, not only because she’s my niece, but also because it’s such a great example of looking at all aspects of ourselves with a nonjudgmental, accepting eye. It’s simply listening, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting, and communicating that incredibly healing message of ‘You’re not alone.’” – Brené Brown, 11. What if I never set another goal again? ... 21. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my affiliate links, I may make a commision. Later in the day, we were shooting some footage for a new video I’m working on. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.