Thanks! Thanks. Butter would be great! YOU. Love me some hoop cheese!! Stacey Little's Southern Food & Recipe Blog. So, feel free to cut the recipe in half if you don’t need 8 cups of mac and cheese. Allow to cook for 1-3 minutes. STEP 1. Tried this tonight with milk. Mix 1 Tbs of cornstarch into 1 Tbs of cold water, stir well until it resembles milk, pour this into your hot cheese sauce and stir. My other recipe does use evap milk and it certainly makes a difference. I made this today and it was a hit. Yes, adding a little more milk and some butter will work to keep it smoother for longer. Recently, I didn’t have milk on hand, so I used about 1 3/4 cup half and half with 2 1/4 cup of water. I would recommend whole, but 2% will work. I have made this recipe 6 times and always comes outnlumpy and runny. Hey Kelley! Thanks! Serve hot. Copyright © 2020 Loaves and Dishes. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Marilyn I want to make this for the super bowl party on Sunday ‼️. And so easy! Stir in the uncooked macaroni and bring to a boil. This cheese sauce, right here! You say to serve it immediately, would this do well in a warmer for a large dinner? This is what happens nearly every time I finish shooting food – the hungry vultures swarm. Required fields are marked *. The lumpy part I’m just not sure about. Just whisk it really hard and fast for about 1-2 minutes. This one. STEP 2. Stir frequently, whisk to remove any lumps and it’s done as soon as everything is melted! Let it cook for a while longer and as the liquid in the sauce cooks off, it will thicken. You can certainly use the pre-shredded bagged cheese, too. Using the starch from the boiled macaroni, BRILLIANT!!! STEP 2. This sounds really quick and it looks so good. Have a sink of warm soapy water ready and after your pour the sauce over whatever you are eating it with, put the cooking pan in the sink to soak. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know! Thanks, Melissa! The cheese comes off easily then. Start by putting a deep skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat. How bad is it? The original and modified recipes are both delicious! It was creamy and cheesy. SO. For an extra cheese Mac and cheese, add in an extra 1/2 cup of cheddar jack. There are a MILLION uses for this cheese sauce! My kids said it was heaven! Thanks for sharing the recipe . Thanks for the tip and I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed this recipe! It’s cheese sauce without flour! Then I took the onion out and threw it away, and layered the macaroni with thin white sauce (a and plenty of it), American cheese, and a little parmesan, I don’t use a lot of cheese — maybe a 12 ounce package of American, and 1/4 cup of parm, for two pounds of macaroni, and sometimes I’ll add some shredded cojack, and I top it with buttered fine bread crumbs and bake. This is my “go to” cheese sauce and guess what? To be honest, I didn’t even know that macaroni and cheese even was supposed to be made with a roux until a few years ago. Such an easy, simple, delicious recipe. Add the milk, water, and salt. I think I might want a little butter in mine! I’ve been making a different one of your recipes every day since November 1st and I won’t give up in this one because of the easy factor. This looks delicious. Ooo eee it was delicious! Thanks for coming back and leaving a comment! And I have an (almost) 2 yr old granddaughter who loves Mac and cheese. Don’t let it sit out for more than 2 hours. And 4 hours ago for dinner went well with my organic macaroni & cheese noodles. Yes, I just love how easy this is. I always use evaporated milk for anything with cheese and noodles. So glad y’all enjoy it! Lower fat milk and bagged cheese can sometimes cause it to stiffen up. Oh my goodness! Top with a mixture of bacon and toasted panko bread crumbs. What type of milk does this use? I don't know why the recipe card isn't displaying that. I’ve made many delicious Mac and cheese recipes…but this one is delicious AND simple! And so easy! See. HOW TO COOK SPIRAL HAM WITHOUT DRYING IT OUT, How to Make Apple Pie with Apple Pie Filling, How to Make Cherry Pie with Cherry Pie Filling, The Secret to Perfect Old Fashioned Pinto Beans. Don’t ask me how. If you have time, melt the butter in the bottom of the pan first, add the milk/cream and then add the cheeses. And the food police won’t show up at your door. After 10 minutes, or once it comes to a boil, add macaroni, and boil for 10 minutes, then drain immediately and sit aside. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to a simmer. It takes about a full minute or two. . Absolutely. Join me and nourish your body and soul. using anything but Chedder cheese is a felony in 29 states….. Allow to cook for 1-3 minutes. So glad to hear you enjoyed it! Naturally, I had to fuss with it, so I quartered an onion, and cooked it, with the macaroni, al dente.