Thank you. It may look like it’s not going to fluff up but it will. Hi Fendi. Buttery Almond Pound Cake. I am excited to try your almond pound cake recipe however, I don’t have vanilla bean paste. If you are using a full-sized tube pan, but filling it only halfway, the top of your cake will be baking way down inside the pan rather than being exposed to the drier hot air circulating in your oven. Hi Martha – vanilla extract in equal amounts works great – sorry to be so long in responding but we are traveling out of the country. Hi, I made this beautiful cake today, and it was everything it looked to be. Hi Tricia, this looks like a keeper for sure, looks delicious. just wanting to make sure! Simple and delicious. Made this exactly as written and it was fabulous! Just trust me. Have a relaxing weekend. Also, is there something that can be added to give it a little more rise? but it turned out great. I did save a little bit of the glaze to drizzle on top of the cake after inverting it. Add the milk and beat on low speed to combine. I was suspicious about putting ALL of the glaze as I was worried about making it too sweet, but I used it all regardless and (to my surprise) it came out with just the right amount of sweetness. Your email address will not be published. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla and almond extract. It’s easy guys, try it. Seriously no worries. Everyone loved it. Yes, I did. If you don’t have half and half, can you use heavy cream? I love to sift a little powdered sugar on top and let my guests decide if fruit or ice cream is best on the side. Hi Jenny – great question but it has been years since I had to make adjustments for high altitude and I’m just not sure. My family lived it, thank you for sharing. Hey. I made this delicious cake for our Mother's Day dessert and it was a huge hit! This was great, definitely a keeper recipe. My oven was set on 300 degrees and I baked it for 90 minutes. Substitute 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice for the almond extract and drizzle the baked and cooled cake with an icing made of lemon juice and powdered sugar. You’re going to love the taste! Jan1954 it is called an Amaretto Pound Cake because the Amaretto is in the glaze. It’s great with blueberries thrown in too! People rave about this cake and ask for the recipe. Do you think it will be good with a strawberry buttercream frosting I wanted to top it with or will it be too overpowering all together? I will fix the instructions. I found this recipe makes at least 18 mini cakes. DO NOT PACK THE FLOUR into the cups. Great crunchy crust. Add the eggs and almond extract and beat until smooth. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Let us know how it turns out for you. Half and Half is half cream and half milk. Remove cake from oven, and gradually spoon hot Amaretto Glaze over cake in pan. But you can leave it out… (~whispers~ but don’t.). I did not get that good crust. Required fields are marked *. If you’d like to make the glaze, melt the butter in a small glass bowl in the microwave, about 15 seconds. Oh I am not sure Talia – but I would start checking them about 45 minutes in and watch closely. I have tried other recipes(always as a loaf) and this is by far the best. I have made this recipe several times and it is always a great hit!! So glad you tried this pound cake – it’s one of my favorites . This was really, really good. It is supposed to be more dense than a regular cake – and I think that’s where it got the name of “pound cake.” The cake does rise and has an amazing texture. Love it, Thanks so much Jerry! Have a lovely weekend! ¾ cup plus 1½ tablespoons granulated sugar, divided, 1 cup coarsely puréed peeled fresh peaches. Who can argue with granny!! Learn how your comment data is processed. sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, all purpose flour, cinnamon and 8 more. Hope you enjoy! Join now and get my Top Dinner Recipes EBook! Or, maybe two 8X4 loaf pans? So far I’ve made the Almond Lovers Crinkle Cookies, Nut Lovers’ Oatmeal Cookies and the Pistachio- Chocolate Chunk Cookies plus this Buttery Almond Pound Cake. Thanks Dom. I’ll have to try that soon – such a great treat for a party or gathering of any kind. I only have medium sized eggs, should I use eight? It’s one of those recipes you pull out when you need a dessert that everyone will love and you know will be a hit.