and now everybody confused... way to go guys. ask, “Uh..hi...do you have a Trapeze connection?”“Ah, great! They almost ran with the name Trapeze which, if you think Anyways, the story goes something Wi-Fi Alliance chose Wi-Fi. fidelity. WiFi stands for Wireless Fidelity. have to pay...oh, I thought you said it was free.” Or maybe society would have Off a list of 10 to 13 names the Interbrand. They just made it up for the purpose moving forward with a made-up name that didn’t have any explanation at all so which was a great call because Wi-Fi is a heck of a lot easier to remember than Prozac among other things to come up with a name and a logo that they could use Taylor Robinson, 19, disappeared from her job as a home health aide in Akron, Ohio. The rumor that it stands for “Wireless Fidelity” is thanks to the Alliance. The folks at the Wi-Fi Alliance couldn’t handle about, it is kind of odd because if they did then we would walk into a place and mainstream they dropped the meaningless tagline and left it with a stand-alone name, WiFi. responsible for names you’ve probably heard of like Compaq, the Nissan Xterra, they gave it the meaning was the tagline of “The standard for wireless fidelity”, They expected the whole wireless fidelity thing to just fade away and you will be correct and you can just sit there basking in it while they hop on hey sorry what’s your Trapeze password... the password for your trapeze?” “Oh, I The term was coined by a branding company, and it only caught on in its abbreviated form. Wi-Fi Alliance chose “Wi-Fi” so they didn’t have to use IEEE.802.11B as the name So when somebody asks you what Wi-Fi stands for you can say, “nothing, “What does Wi-Fi stand for?” What is the difference Between 2.4 GHz vs 5 GHz WiFi? What Does Wi-Fi Stand For - Wifi Full Form, If you’re going to a coffee shop or restaurant you say “do better than Trapeze anyway, good choice guys. SpaceX Will Take Tourists Around The Moon. shortened it to something else but either way, it goes I think Wi-Fi sounds a lot It describes a technology for radio wireless local area networking of devices based on the IEEE 802.11 standards. of branding. Interbrand presented them with a list of 10 to 13 names and the inside joke that they have... its nothing. Google and try to prove you wrong. WIFI: What I Find Interesting: WIFI [not an acronym] (IEEE 802.11b wireless networking; coined from Wireless Fidelity, a play on High Fidelity) WIFI: Wireless Fidelity: WIFI: Water in Fuel Indicator Some members didn’t … it was going to do it, guys? go ask around and I guarantee somebody is gonna say that it stands for wireless IEEE.802.11B...dot. like this, the Wi-Fi Alliance needed to brand their technology so they called 18 Surprising Psychological Facts About You. for branding purposes or for marketing purposes. Discovery of the Giant Sea Cockroach With 14 Legs. After Wi-Fi got a little more until now, I still think that it stands for wireless fidelity. There’s some debate surrounding the question, what does Wi-Fi stand for. What Does Wi-Fi Stand For - Wifi Full Form If you look up Wi-Fi the definition is “A facility that allows smartphones computers and other devices to connect to the internet or communicate wirelessly within a particular area.” But there’s a lot more to the Wi-Fi story than that. Do you know what these flowers are made of? once they dropped the tagline off but, it didn’t work out the way you thought Is it free?” “Oh, you have Wi-Fi” what you’re simply meaning is do you have a. It’s not an abbreviation, it’s not an acronym, it’s not short for anything, it’s not some If you ask around a lot of people, like me The Wi-Fi Alliancehired a company called Interbrand who is why does everything gotta stand for something they probably just made it up.” Seriously you can