Seit der Vergabe der Olympischen Spiele für 2018 ist ein neues Ziel auf dem Radar aller Skifahrer aufgetaucht: Südkorea! Snow in Korea starts falling at different times of the season. The winter fun starts in the middle of November until the end of December. Honestly, I have never been so happy to reach the end of a hike in my life. 11-4 Insadong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, The Hello Kitty Café, Myeongdong – Add. Diese Website verwendet Cookies, um Ihnen die bestmögliche Funktionalität bieten zu können. We also spent one morning doing a winter hike and had a good view of the Taebak mountains. Tourists and foreigners are warmly welcomed in these themed cafes. var s = d.createElement(sc), p = d.getElementsByTagName(sc)[0]; Incheon is one of the best airports in the world, Dragon Hill next to Yongsan Station in Seoul, things to know before you travel to South Korea, Hwacheon Sancheoneo Winter Trout Festival, The Lighting Festival at the Garden of the Morning Calm, Korean light festivals that will revive your Christmas Spirit, Seoul Food Korean Cookbook by Naomi Imatome-Yun, this guide to the country’s cuisine beyond Kimchi, Our family decided to spend our holidays there. Ever visited South Korea during winter? Nami Island is the height of the specific winter beauty that Korea is … In the winter time in South Korea is quite cold (-10 degrees) but dry weather. And you will most likely find one on every other street in Korea. It isn’t just fun; it brings out my competitive spirit and even gets my heart pumping. During the Christmas season, people are passing smiles and singing Christmas choruses in Korean. It’s bread with egg but since it’s prepared steamy and fresh with yummy toppings.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'ivisitkorea_com-leader-1','ezslot_10',110,'0','0'])); Secondly, Bungeo-ppang that is a fish-shaped pastry stuffed with sweetened red bean paste is one of the common winter street food in Korea. Halla, located on the nation’s beloved Jeju Island. This garden, located in Gapyeong, is beautiful during any season but offers something really special to visitors during the winter. Did you get all the tickets that gave you one pass for each? Head here for more places to visit in Insadong, Seoul. I’m not sure if that’s a common thing or not. My favorite part was the heated rooftop pools where you can sit and stare at the distant Maisan National Park. Korean street food gets a lot of tastier during the cold nights when you can walk the roads and try out fresh-made food sold by the street vendors. Nodeul Island Outdoor Skating Rink is reminiscent of a fairy tale of the Frozen Kingdom, with its natural ecological forest, trees surrounding the skating rink, and white snowflake-shaped lighting. In winter, although temperature goes to freezing point, you can visit several ski resorts are world class. Spring and autumn are pleasant but also short in duration. 14-3 Insadong 12-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Shin Old Tea House – Add. The country has a lot to offer for the tourists who visit the Winter Wonderland in Seoul. If you only want a day of hitting the slopes, there are multiple options easily accessible right outside of Seoul. Thanks to a lot of help from some of the country’s best bloggers, writers, and photographers, this guide will help expats and travelers who are looking for winter things to do in South Korea. It is a time of celebration within the country as the people embrace the beauty that descends upon the normally lush and green countryside with events such as the Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival. Osten sind oft mit reichlich Schneefall gesegnet. © Copyright 2019 |  All Rights Reserved  |. There are 17 different resorts spread throughout the country for beginners to experts including the site of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. These themed cafes are very popular among the younger generations. There is a lot of things that you can do while staying in. Lovers of all things seafood, … Spending your winter in Korea is one of the best traveling decisions you can make. I lived in Busan, South Korea’s second largest city and among the southernmost. Zwar reichen die Gipfel Südkoreas nicht über die 2.000-Meter-Marke, dafür bieten sie oft ein steiles Gelände. I’ve visited so many either out of necessity or as the main purpose of our trip. They include karaoke rooms, saunas, bowling, table tennis halls, billiards, and even arcades to enjoy after a long day on the slopes. That’s because you’ll want to be able to soak your feet comfortably for 30 minutes without getting your clothes wet. Big props to Katie from Around The World in KT Days for giving us two suggestions! As I pulled the wriggling fish up through the small hole in the ice, the people around me cheered for the foreigner who caught a fish. It’s bread with egg but since it’s prepared steamy and fresh with yummy toppings. Ensure every accommodation you book has a heating system. Feeling the tug of a fish on my line after lots of waiting was quite the exhilarating rush! If you like skiing or snowboarding then spending a winter in Korea will be perfect for you! South Korea has a temperate climate with four distinct seasons. Trust us, you won’t regret it! For example, Jisan Forest Resort is only a 40-minute commute from Gangnam and Vivaldi Park Ski World also offers a free shuttle bus for foreigners from Seoul! Don’t worry about pronouncing the word right but let us tell you what it actually is. I loved that part of it, even more than the bubble room. Did you like staring at those mountains on the roof? If you are planning to visit South Korea during the winter time, then you must take a couple of days to visit some of these incredible skiing resorts and mountains. The mountain was totally blanketed with snow, making the experience that much more difficult for an amateur like me. s.async = true; When the Siberian winds start to blow during winter in Korea it can get a little chilly and dry. Are you ready for a Korean winter now? Christmas is quite a bit different in Korea than what you might be used to. 47-8 Insadong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Dawon Traditional Tea Garden – Add. The temperature of Seoul, Korea drops down and most of it gets covered in snow. 70 Prozent des ostasiatischen Landes liegen im Gebirge, wobei sich der höchste Berg, der 1.950 Meter hohe Hallasan, auf der Insel Jeju-do befindet. We went recently actually! One of the many visited places during the winter holidays is Korea. It’s also home to a 6.1 km slope designed for intermediate level skiers/snowboarders called the Silk Road Slope. This festival was different. This time of the year is typhoon prone and can wreck any innocent tourist's plans. Nami Island: A Romantic Haven. Katie McGrain, Around the World in KT Days (1 of 2). 28 Myeongdong 4-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, Hell Café – Add. It’ll bring the kid in you back out again eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'ivisitkorea_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_11',112,'0','0'])); Garden of Morning Calm has beautiful light decorations and Christmas lights starting at the beginning of December. Osten sind oft mit reichlich Schneefall gesegnet. (TripAdvisor | Hotels.com), Katie McGrain, Around The World in KT Days. This travel guide is part of our blog’s series on South Korea Travel and East Asia Travel. For more information about the best Jjimjilbangs in Seoul, check this post. Dress up in multiple layers – Although … Hier befindet sich auch Yongpyong, das älteste Skigebiet Südkoreas. If you go to Gwangjang market which is the oldest traditional Korean market or Namdaemun market, you could get one of the best Hotteok in Seoul. The atmosphere around the Christmas time of the year gets all magical and gentle. Check here for the best prices for Seoul and South Korean cities! Destination 360. Take a look at our ‘Best Ski Resorts in Korea’ post to choose the fit one for you.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'ivisitkorea_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_3',106,'0','0'])); Booking.com During the Christmas season, people are passing smiles and singing Christmas choruses in Korean. Still looking for an awesome hotel in South Korea? Choosing your departure date carefully and putting a little advance research into when to go to South Korea is a great first step to ensuring a perfect trip on the Korean Peninsula in Northeast Asia. 7 (Exit 2), Price: 1,000 KRW / 1 Hour, 3,000 KRW / 1 Day, Location: 445 Yangnyeong-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Nodeul station in subway line no. Smaller kids and toddlers have their own corner for sledding. Too bad for him though. The biggest amusement park in Korea is the best place to go to see winter parades and experience winter festivities. Our personal favorites are Bindeddeok (빈대떡) and Hotteok (허떡, those amazing filled pancakes that I’ll never stop thinking about. Unlike other cafes, by the time your tea and foot bath finish, you will leave feeling extremely peaceful and relaxed, as if you just stepped out of a real spa! From our balcony, we could see skiers enjoying the slopes. One of my favorite hikes is Mt. Got a favorite one? There are four distinct South Korea seasons. Spring time is also the answer to you will get if you ask certain travelers about when to go to South Korea. I think the last thing to do is find a restaurant that serves a nice bowl of soup and to hover over it for a while before eating. Winter in South Korea. 33-1 Insadong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, The Moonbird only thinks of the moon – Add. You can plan and pack for an adventurous trip to spend your winter in Korea after reading all about the things to do in Korea in winter right below. Just look for the sign that reads 아케이드. Some of my favorites include Busan’s Spaland or Dragon Hill next to Yongsan Station in Seoul but the most interesting was the Red Ginseng Spa in Jinan, North Jeolla Province. Seoul's mean temperature in January is -5 degrees Celsius to - 2.5° Celsius (23°- 27,5° Fahrenheit) and in July the mean temperature is about 22.5° C to 25° C (71°- 75° Fahrenheit). The best part was taking my prize to the ‘cooking area’ where it became a tasty meal. There is something to be said for traveling during each of the seasons. You can follow our adventures here and on our sister site NCTripping.com. Korean Winter Street Food. The entire hike took about eight hours and I was incredibly proud of myself when I reached the summit. I’ve said bubble room so many times here. Another one of the best things that you can do in winter is experience Christmas in Korea with your family and friends. It ends up coming down to your ability to make of the best of the circumstances at hand. You can also go to the ice rink in the indoor park and skate along to fun music.