Be sure to stir your batter together thoroughly. Thank you so much! My little girls love these. Keep them coming , My baby (8 months) just devoured one! Hope they turned out great! Because baked goods made with coconut flour can tend to be dry, I’ve made these muffins extra moist to reduce the risk of choking, so they may not be the kind of snack you want to make for kids or adults who are expecting a traditional muffin. Turn out onto a wire rack to let them cool completely. Thanks so much for sharing, any other baby friendly recipes would be great. Can I add blueberries to these with the same amounts of ingredients? Divide batter among the prepared muffin pan. My 10.5 month old loves them. It should be noted I was not baking for a toddler, so I added some probably non-toddler foods. Thank you for sharing. How much is one in your baking? Have you tried those? Carrot Ginger Dressing (Japanese Dressing), Best Broccoli Slaw (with Honey Mustard Dressing), Pumpkin Smoothie (tastes like Pumpkin Pie! Use melted butter or canola oil instead of. It is possible that those additions would change the shape! Should I just keep these in the oven a bit longer? Megan–thank you for the baby recipes!! Perhaps the batter needed to be stirred together more thoroughly? I have Have made these about six times since my 9 month baby is so interested in feeding herself. Great for on the go. I K making a double batch now as I type! These muffins are made without egg so you don’t need to do anything to them or add any special ingredients—they hold together really well! Mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher until smooth. Your email address will not be published. They are delicious and very nutritious. Thanks for another great recipe! Thank you for this recipe. Mom and toddler approved! If you wanted to keep it toddler friendly, I’d say just up the flour until a thicker batter, maybe try 3/4 of a cup. If you can see the oil streaking through the batter, you need to stir it more. Sign up to The Wholesome Child Academy and receive our Wholesome Shopping course, recipes and smart recipe tool for FREE. Naturally sweetened with ripe banana, these muffins are free of refined sugars and added oils, and they are loaded with protein and fiber. And despite their looks, they are pretty darn tasty. Swap in gluten-free flour blend for the whole wheat to make them gluten-free. I’ve been thinking muffins nonstop but don’t want to eat the “Traditional” ones loaded in excess junk. The best recipes & projects to do with the kids! Makes 6 small muffins, 2 large bananas (roughly 1 cup mashed) Use very ripe bananas with brown spots for the best flavor and sweetness. Hi! So it’s safe to say he’s not eating much lately. They were great, soft and moist! Thanks! You don’t need any special ingredients and they are super moist and flavorful. LOVE this recipe! (See the full recipe at the bottom of the post for the specifics.). One cup of coconut flour is the equivalent to 128 grams. they look wonderful!! All I remembered was that they only had 4-5 ingredients. Thanks for the great recipe! They were baked in a silicone mini Madeline pan. Will definetely give it a try soon and let you know! Sugar-Free Banana Muffins. These were delicious! hi! I done this, now i wait the muffins to bake ??? Delicious! Do not repost images or recipes without requesting permission at [email protected]. If you’re ok with eggs, that’d help to add one too. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Please read my disclosure and privacy policy. Would that work? Perhaps my baking powder/soda were too old. Add to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. TIP: If your baby seems to have a hard time moving bready textures in their mouths, try topping each bite with a little applesauce or plain yogurt. Can you tell me specifically what kind of coconut oil you used? ★☆ These muffins stuck pretty badly when baked in parchment baking cups. When we’re feeding babies or toddlers and looking to minimize added sugars, it can be hard to find homemade snacks and breakfasts for kids that still taste great. If you can see the oil, you need to stir it more. However, so far my toddler-hating-muffin approves of these! It’s important when starting to introduce them to these types of options, that we aim to avoid using added sweeteners and opt for natural alternatives. I’ve made these a handful of times now and both of my girls enjoy them (aged 3 and 7), as well as the baby. This post may contain affiliate links. FEEDING TODDLERS 101 COOKBOOK. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a standard muffin tin with 6 baking cups.