Pour cake batter evenly into prepared pans. Pour beer into a small bowl; let stand, uncovered, at room temperature overnight. Stir into batter. Thank you for this recipe! The only thing I did different was I used your chocolate icing then I put a dark chocolate ganache over the top. This Guinness beer cake is thick, fluffy, chocolatey, and tender. “It is. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients alternating with the coffee and buttermilk. Once that ice cream starts to melt into this cake and frosting it’s divine!! My mouth is just watering thinking about this cake, especially when you added the crumble on top of it! Plus, Tom’s parents had just visited and brought us some fun Wisconsin beer. Plus, Tom’s parents had just visited and brought us some fun Wisconsin beer. . I think it was a Heineken or something. Which leads me to believe a vanilla buttercream frosting would probably be delicious as well. Mix well after each addition. Let me say it again just in case, “YOU MUST SERVE THIS CAKE WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM!” Trust me!! This looks great! Hubby ran out to the store and brought back a six pack. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. The best chocolate cake I have ever made. Get Menu Ideas, Cooking Tips, Updates & More + Free Kitchen Helper Guide! My husband was a little reluctant to try this beer cake. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. We’d tried to like this stuff on several occasions with several different brands and we could never get past the first sip! Not wanting it to go to waste I went looking for something to make with it. And I picked a beer cake, because nothing goes better with pity than beer. Susan Bronson for Taste of Home. With the sharp, bubbly taste of beer I knew it would add lots of fluff to the batter the same way club soda does. I wish you guys could have seen our disgusted faces. Increase temperature to 350° and bake an additional 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Which wasn’t fun. Pour batter into 2 greased 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pans. At all. So I decided to make myself some cake. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. There was a definite flavor of hops and the nutty flavor of the beer really came through. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. If you read last week’s post, you know I recently had some jaw surgery. Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with beer, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.