Lightly wet your hands (or spray them with cooking spray). I have a TON of recipes that fit this bill – like my Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Protein Balls, Homemade Larabars, Pumpkin Pie Larabar Balls, Blueberry Muffin Larabar Balls, etc. Using just one mixing bowl, they are loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats, and keep you energized and satisfied between meals! Ahh that makes me so happy to hear, Tom! You’re so welcome, Marsha! Turmeric is also a great natural food dye — leaving all who help with yellow fingers — a fun nutrition activity with your kids. Thanks for coming back to leave a comment + star rating. No matter what energy bites recipe you decide on, you can always add in protein powder to give your energy balls an extra boost. - March 26, 2019 12:45 pm EDT. Easy 5-minute protein energy balls recipe made with just 5 simple ingredients. I would use a bread pan if you want the bars to be thicker in width. . I added superfoods chia seeds and cacao powder. Ahh yay!! Bookmarking now . That’s it! Makes about 10-12 protein balls. I really appreciate you coming back to leave a comment + star rating. These protein balls are NOT keto-friendly (they use oats). Superfood Date & Chia Arbonne Protein Balls for 30 Days to Healthy Living. A healthy lemon and coconut snack? . If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to publish it on your own website, please re-write it, in your own words and link back to my site and recipe page. How can I lower the sugar content I am supposed to get more protein in my diet and less sugar also what is tahini. No. Whether you call this amazing snack energy bites, protein balls, or energy balls, we hope you love them just as much as we do! Nutrient packed easy snacks that you can get the whole family involved in both making and eating. If you’re constantly battling an unhealthy snacking habit or you need to curb your sweet tooth, this recipe will be your saving grace! 1. These cake balls are just as moist, fluffy and sweet as cake, but they're made with healthy ingredients like chickpeas, protein powder and cashew butter. I’m sure there are even more out there. Thank you for your support. I’m onto the Cinnamon Raisin Cookie next. Blueberry Muffin Protein Balls – Add 1/4 cup of freeze-dried blueberries to the batter, along with 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract. I love to make a batch of these on the weekend so that I have grab-n-go snacks throughout the week. An easy 5-minute recipe for homemade protein energy balls made with 4 ingredients! You gotta have nut butter! Plus, coming up with the different flavor combinations is so fun! I found these a little too sweet with that much honey, but they are still very good! These were good. All the elements that make up the delicious flavor of the prized dessert, but easily made in a food processor with wholesome real food ingredients! Check out our favorite energy balls recipes here, as well as a basic energy ball recipe that you can get creative with and deviate from. OMG so many balls of joy!! To keep your health and fitness goals on track, plan ahead and pack these protein balls — they're the perfect high-protein substitute for a candy bar. making another batch (3 different flavours) to keep us going during lockdown. So impressed! My name is Arman Liew, and I’m stoked to have you here! How long can these stay fresh for in the fridge? Young kids can help you add the pre-measured ingredients for these Cranberry Coconut Macadamia Bites to the bowl of a food processor, and older kids can learn to safely blend away — turning healthy ingredients into a dough-like consistency. Check. Simple ingredients, bursting with flavor. Just be careful not to add too much liquid. Hey Theresa – you can use maple syrup instead. When I hear the word “truffle” I think of dessert. I used chunky natural peanut butter and maple syrup instead of honey. I’m so glad I did. The option is there to use protein powder, but we opt for coconut flour instead. You may also like: Flourless Protein Brownies– They taste like dessert! How can I combat that? One thing I’ve noticed is that a lot of protein ball recipes call for medjool dates and a food processor. I was still able to complete the recipe by hand but…poor blender. My son noted that they tasted like those Keebler cheese and peanut butter crackers. You don’t need to make these protein balls with protein powder. Check it out. Is your protein powder usually sticky? There’s something special about pistachios. So glad you enjoyed these protein balls, Jennifer. Once rolled into balls and slightly chilled, you can place the balls in a freezer safe ziptop bag. Related:15 High-Protein Foods That Will Fast Track Your Weight Loss Results17 High-Protein Lunches to Nix Your Afternoon Hunger PangsTiffani Thiessen's Savory Late-Night Snack Is Detox-Friendly and Perfect for Weight Loss. An even tastier version of apple pie LaraBars and they are super easy to make. Hey Kimberly – They last way longer if stored in the fridge / freezer and keep them from becoming too soft. Just roll these bites in ground walnuts instead of crushed peppermint candy. Our Peanut Butter Energy Balls are a Fit Foodie Finds fan favorite and it is because you just can’t beat the peanut butter and chocolate combo. . You won't even believe they're healthy! The protein is this bar comes from pea protein powder, as well as the oats, flaxseed, and almond butter.A bar recipe that includes protein powder works well as a meal replacement, since powders provide concentrated protein … I like to add in fun mix-ins to make the flavors really unique, and I’ve included four simple recipes below. Energy bites check a number of boxes for me as a nutritionist and a mom of two active kids. I had to add about 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk so it would be less crumbly. <3. Privacy policy / Terms & Conditions. It’s true! Since one ball is 135 calories, go ahead and pop a few for a healthy snack. Place oats, almond butter, honey, protein powder and shredded coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine. These little protein bites pack in the cinnamon flavor, just like the cinnamon rolls you remember from your childhood. Now if you’ll excuse me, I must go hide these from myself so I don’t eat them all. Changed the recipe slightly for what I had on hand subbing almond butter for cashew butter. The combination of cranberry and orange is delicious — there’s no way around it. Combine cacao powder, dates, protein powder, almonds and water in a food processor and process until a sticky mixture is formed. Check! Are they freezable as well? I am mostly paleo and try to stay away from all grains, but this is awesome! If you try any of these no bake protein balls, please be sure to leave a comment and star rating letting me know how they turn out in the comment section below. Repeat until dough is gone. Ive played aroound with ingredients and fave so far is adding dark chocolate chip, orange blossom and chopped figs. Gluten-free? Place the energy bites on a baking sheet or plate and freeze or refrigerate until fully set, about 30 minutes-1 hour. I heated up the ingredients before stirring for about 15 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to mix together since the almond butter was thick. Haha yay!! If you want to leave it out, you can enjoy these peanut butter oatmeal energy balls instead. Paired with cashews, dates, cacao nibs, and vanilla, these snack bites are full of flavorful nutrition. They have a chewy, yet doughy texture, similar to raw cookie dough. protein powders are not appropriate for kids, Strawberry Energy Bites from Spartan Life, From My Bowl’s Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites, Carrot Cake Energy Balls from Detoxinista. hmmm!! You could change your URL to EatingBalls.com. Instead, you can enjoy these keto energy balls (whole30 approved too!). I was curious so I just checked…I have almost 900 recipes for energy bites saved a dedicated Pinterest board just for energy balls! Very tasty. Simple, whole, real food ingredients make for healthy energy ball recipes! All you have to do is throw your favorite energy ball ingredients into a food processor, blend, form, and enjoy. I want to make them all. Between the dates and dried mango they pack a punch of natural sweetness that appeals to kids. These keep for up to five days in the fridge, but we have a feeling they won't make it that long. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. So glad you loved the almond joy ones, Amy. you could say I’m a fan…haha. Check. It means the world to me. They will keep fresh for up to 4 weeks. We want to watch out for added processed sugars, artificial flavors, and candies that quickly take a nourishing snack and turn it into a dessert. (Your comments help me AND other readers who are making the recipes). The dose is more than they need. The consistency of the nut butter was too thick for my poor ninja blender and the motor died on me. These protein balls are the perfect way to enjoy the flavors you love while getting in a little extra protein. my favs r the tahini and chocolate pb. Yum, yum, yum! Chewy, easy and made in one bowl, they are EASILY customizable with a myriad of options! The Big Man’s World ® Arman Liew owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes, pictures and content to be reproduced anywhere other than this site unless authorization is given. Prep time: ​15 minutes Cook time:​ none Serves: ​14 Per serving:​ 1 ball, Nutrition:Calories: 95Calories from fat: 35Cholesterol: 3mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein 3gSmartPoints: 4. I made the basic recipe, and it was delicious! It has the qualities of an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie without the flour and refined sugar. Using a tablespoon, add milk of choice, one tablespoon at a time, until a thick dough remains. Roll into 14 balls (about 1 scant tablespoon), and then roll into the optional cinnamon sugar mix if desired. Instead, we can add protein powder into various sweet snack recipes. Store in the fridge for about 5 days. Rather than roll the energy bites into balls you can place the mixture into a parchment-lined small pan and cut them into bars/squares. We like to double the batch and store half in the freezer. With only dates to sweeten these Arbonne Protein balls, they are the “healthiest” choice. These all look delicious! In a large mixing bowl, mix your oats with protein powder until combined. This post may include affiliate links. Balls balls balls. I typically add in some ground flax seed and/or chia seeds for an extra boost – bc why not!? I also like adding some dates, oats and carob chips! Just like my Lemon Blueberry Muffins, my kids love From My Bowl’s Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites. I want to make them all! The easiest no bake protein balls on the internet with four different flavors – chocolate peanut butter, tahini chocolate chip, cinnamon raisin and almond joy. In fact, you probably have all of them right this second. Me too!! , Hi Im vegan and was wondering what your suggestion would be for replacing the honey ? Subscribe to get my favorite recipes sent to your email: ©2020 Salt & Baker. Once combined, use a small cookie scoop to scoop and form the dough into balls. Delicious, thank you for the recipe. Such a good idea for a post! If you do this, be sure to wait 5 minutes to cool down, otherwise, you will melt your chocolate chips (if using them!). They taste so good. We love these protein balls because they’re portable, guilty-free (not that you should feel any sort of guilt when eating food), energy boosting, and delicious! Had to add a little cashew milk and found more success pinching them into balls, rather than rolling. I don’t even know where to start…I want em all!! *Optional ingredients are not included in nutrition calculations. Getting the mixture to combine takes a little arm muscle and it may seem a little crumbly at first, but it will come together as you keep mixing. Thank you so much! This is totally normal and it might cause your your protein ball mixture to seem a little dry or crumbly. I’ve also added chia seeds for an extra vegan dose of omega-3s.