The language has a total development period of almost 1400 years. Everywhere, hypothesized that language could be acquired only within a critical period, which is from early infancy to puberty. In the, thousand and nine languages are spoken.1 Humans are social animals and the ability to communicate is essential to our continued survival and evolution. 1. in English due to globalizing of world where the new technology is being announced which is generating new words. consonant blends, (ACELA1458), (ACARA, 2012). Advancing the learning and educating of American English around the world is an integral portion having different cultures interacting as well as understanding between the individuals of the United States, demand of English language skills in a global, competitive arena, teaching English as a Second Language can be a complicated issue. We might wonder what could possibly be wrong with American English. Design thinking can be described as crucial disciple that utilizes the designers sensibility methods to couple with the fundamentals of technologically feasible... University Stress can affect Mental Health Discussion. Language is important because it's one of the main ways to communicate and interact with other people around us. One of the major things to be considered while teaching is what language can be allowed or accepted in an ESL classroom. Learning English language, is very essential and important. Importance of English Language Essay: The language English has its origin in the early medieval period. May it be business, information technology, science medicine, engineering, aviation, entertainment, media etc. Throughout the world English is only some sort of language which in turn carries dependability and currently being supposed to be authentic language and taking part in a task involving “lingua, should not be treated as a third wheel in South Africa: A critical analysis. For instance, the George Washington University has decided upon removing foreign languages and cultures course requirement, in terms of first and second language compositions. Open University. “One language sets you in a corridor for life. Calderon, Slavin and Sanchez (2011) in their article “Effective Instruction for English Learners” consider the problem of students who are non English speakers and come to live in the USA for several reasons such as immigrants. Academic English as a Second Language When I started searching about topics that are related to Academic English I came up with the features of Academic English but this was a general topic so I looked for other topics. English language importance as a medium of education and teaching rises because of its compatibility with modern education. English has a foothold as the “language of business,” and being so, has become the most commonly learnt second language amongst foreign language speakers. Another challenge with learning any language is, Abstract: He becomes an actor in the teaching class to better represent that language as is used in its real society. With the help of developing technology, English has been playing a major role in many sectors including medicine, engineering, and education, which, in my opinion, is the most important arena where English is needed. 4. The Importance Of Oral Communication In English Language Education. Importance Of Teaching English As A Second Language 1807 Words | 8 Pages. When I started searching about topics that are related to Academic English I came up with the features of Academic English but this was a general topic so I looked for other topics. If this is true, this should be extended to second language acquisition as well, and, if so, young children should be better at acquiring the second language than adults, and the individuals who started to learn the second language in their early childhood should reach higher levels of proficiency in the second language compare to those who started to learn the language in their adulthood, The best predictor of success in second language acquisition is motivation Abstract However, this language is very important since it 's a global language, spoken all over the world. English is regarded as official language in the world. JUSTIFICATION The following essay will look into the importance of motivation as a predictor of success in second language acquisition. For this reason, it is important to have the language knowledge so as to comprehend one another. Grammar is a backbone of any language, it gives a structure to the language and it is like the railway the learners can convey their ideas to the full extension, it has a positive impact on the four language skills either productive skills (speaking and writing) or receptive skills (listening and reading). According to the American Community survey, 21% of children age 5 to 17 spoke a language other than English. Teaching a skill as broad as English requires for a teacher to create a sense of importance of mastering. That really interested me because it is a personal topic since English is my second language. http://www2.open.ac.uk/students/skillsforstudy/the-importance-of-language-skills.php (accessed 6th February 2014); The influence of Great Britain and the. Benjamin Woelders As this field is directly related to my profession, including in a commanding language. How to use L1 effectively in second language learning Grammar is a backbone of any language, it gives a structure to the language and it is like the railway the learners can convey their ideas to the full extension, it has a positive impact on the four language skills either productive skills (speaking and writing) or receptive skills (listening and reading). However, these classes often fail to meet the ELLs students’ needs because ELLs have different needs, learning abilities, levels of education, and literacy, and they vary depending on age, socioeconomic background, and sociolinguistic variables (Scott). I work with students learning English as a second language. Learning a language doesn’t mean to only learn the grammatical rules of a language, but also habits and customs of people, their history and culture in general. I searched on google about other topics, such as the importance of Academic English. This field is interesting to me because I work as an English language instructor in the University. Moreover, the report will use the scholarly journals of other scholars who have actively tested and, Merriam-Webster dictionary, grammar is the study of the classes of words, their inflection and their functions and relations in the sentence.