View Bundles . Recently switched from Rogers cable/digital to Ignite, and I am very disappointed. I hear the same thing from Comcast and spectrum customers in the states. So disappointed in fact, that I'll be switching back to cable, or even to Bell if Rogers played hard to get. This is an extremely first world problem but does this happen with others as well? No Term Contract Required. Go to rogers.com. Monthly Price . - edited I have the same issue and it’s driving me bonkers! Not necessarily a game  changer for everyone, but for some possibly yes. Our first TV was one I bought after I graduated university. Just have a look at it before you decide on something. We had the 1gbps option and it sucked. ‎11-07-2018 A subreddit for people to submit questions to Torontonians and about Toronto and receive constructive responses. ‎11-11-2018 The postal code you’ve selected is in another province. I’m in Ottawa, I called Rogers last night hoping to sign up for the new Ignite tv. And the VCR was the tuner - no tuner box anymore. Ignite SmartStream is a streaming platform from Rogers that can be added to most Ignite Internet packages for an additional cost per month. Definitely an oversight but I'm glad to hear that it's been addressed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Bell has Fibe, which is not the same as Fibre to the Home.FTTH is only available in certain locations and most Bell locations are still twisted pair to the home with downloads of typically 50-100 Mbps max. However, just to add Bell student plan Internet deals are damn good. It always goes down for these tiny amounts of time, so it’s next worth complaining but it never gets fixed. Been like this for years at varying degrees. As prices increased, my income was too, but for the last 10 years I have been on disability income, and my wife lost her middle class professional job 3 years ago, and we have been able to lower the amount of TV features and channels and still afford, but not we are back to having to consider basic TV, full swing back to over the air, and over the top and live with less - that is kind of what I meant by luxury - I will always have some kind of TV in place, but the current Rogers/Bell, etc models are pricing me out of the "luxuries" and returning to the basics. I ended up switching to Ignite because of outdated cable boxes and reboots every time you click on onDeman channel and slow channel change in general. I have micro disconnects every few days! 15 Mbps. Close and reopen Internet Explorer. 4. Along with another noticeable lag on both boxes. We still continued to have included cable with the apartment and when our daughter was born we got a VCR so we could go to sleep at our child's times, and still watch our shows. A couple of comments on some of the differences. Recently switched from Rogers cable/digital to Ignite, and I am very disappointed. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Yeah, that is one of the first thing I noticed. {{'global.metaTags.' Could some one explain this to me or us humble customers that are very happy with cable. Canada’s fastest internet. Upload Speed: 15 Mbps. Not wasting time watching TV was probably the reason I got decent marks in school. Select Compatibility View Settings. Rogers has no suggestions. How to get it: Pour l'obtenir: 1-866-432-1977. But that could be said for any device or any service overall.There are people who say they dont like, dont ever want DIGITAL cable and only ever wanted analog.To each their own.I think that anyone who is thinking of switching services (or providers) needs to go out and test it first.Test it at someone else who has it, test it at the store (heck, even if you have to stay an hour at the store testing). For those who have the money to spare, enjoy the new features as they come. Make sure "rogers.com" is not listed under "Websites you've added to Compatibility View." It was only 15 years ago that we had two tv's in our house as for the first time, we were in a house, not an apartment. That being said, if the wifi and the internet is good enough, it shouldnt have an issue. I didn't even clue into the reality that I am now viewing my existing TV viewing as a luxury. Help & Support. I have rogers ignite U 500 plan and everyday or once every couple of days the internet goes down for about a minute or two (router light goes from white to amber) and then comes back again. Posted by 1 month ago. You'll still be able to use our site, but it might not work or look the way it's supposed to. Same here. Hi I was recently quoted an incredible price of 180 with tax plus waived instalation fee. While this service is offered in your area, it might not be available at your specific address. See the many benefits to bundling. Direct link not supplied. How to get it: Pour l'obtenir: 1-866-432-1977. It is much smaller than the previous SARA boxes, and many people (older, bad eyesight, etc?) And as I write this, the movie on the TV screen went into the self initiated fast forward/pause/rewind mode for a few seconds. Next we moved to GTA area and got cable free with our apartment (just part of the fees), and then was so thrilled when sears sold the cable tuner and could stop renting it from Rogers and then the TV's had the tuners in them. The real first world problem is why you're still using a file transfer protocol that doesn't support resume. I think it is more that it is the extras that in reality I have always viewed as a luxury - I still remember as a young child not having TV because we were in Germany, then returning to Canada and having 3 channels from bunny ears. guide slightly more responsive than on "nextboxes" Bridge mode is easily available on modem config. We were still on basic cable packages until VIP came along, and then we also added TMN HBO. You need a piece of Student ID to get it. Bundles. Again, luxury, clear channels, larger tube for my mom and splitting the cable to go to two rooms. Rogers ignite internet drops off a lot. Close and reopen Internet Explorer. Please check back soon. It used to be that watching TV was the one form of entertainment available to most people regardless of income or stage of life. Guide - it covers the entire screen so you cannot watch the current program while searching - no option to change the Guide appearance2. Ideally it wouldn't impact me as much but since I'm work from home and my job entails uploading large files, every time this happens my vpn gets disconnected and I lose about 10-15 minutes of time to do it all over again. 11:07 PM Unlimited. This was for 150 ignite Premeir hone phone. Close and reopen Internet Explorer. The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Make sure "rogers.com" is not listed under "Websites you've added to Compatibility View. Bruce, I'm older than you and grew up as a refugee in the U.K  in the 1950s. But yes, back in the 50's and onwards, all we needed was an antenna a local station, and a TV. I'll admit as I first started reading this I was a little shocked :O! I hope Rogers is looking at feedbacks here and start improving some of there features and issues otherwise I'll be moving away as well...... 1. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please click here. Overage greater than or equal to 0.5GB rounded up to the next GB. - edited - edited I'm not yet ready to cut back from the package I now have, though I only watch a small fraction of channels available but they are spread out enough to ensure I stick with a package that includes dozens of channels I never watch. Channel subscriptions - be VERY careful with Rogers Sales offering the Ignite packages: when you start your TV you may find that some channels you used to have are gone, and you have to pay to get them back. Coincidence? So thank you, truly. Every day at some point, my internet just craps out and I spend 10-15 mins rebooting the router and reconnecting my VPN and all that jazz. See the many benefits to bundling. We never had a TV, but occasionally I'd watch at a friend's house. Connection Type: Cable Contract: 12 Months $74.99 $107.99. Only after the timeout period does it go off.Not trying to switch you back or anything. If you're unable to download the latest version of Internet Explorer, please ensure you have compatibility view turned off. We went luxury about 5 years later - we moved from our consolular standup TV with the speaker below and got a large HIFI model with speakers on either side of the larger tube. Regarding the picture quality concern that is certainly something we'd like to address with you. I also have noticed that the volume has been throttled back on the 3.0 and older Netboxes. 4. ! Picture quality - with the cable/digital you never experience picture quality drop except maybe if the cable is damaged or there's a big storm at source. Rogers vs. Bell Internet . One time $50 bill credit will be applied to customer’s first or second invoice after activation. @OLDYELLR  Thank you everyone for this short trip down memory lane and the history of TV and phones, and what are luxuries in our life. Press J to jump to the feed. WHICH CHANNEL IS THE BLOODY GAME ON. It's important to know where we can improve and it's positions like the ones that you've provided that can help us do just that. Thanks @jays77 for pointing out the irony in my statement. the min for this plan is the 150.  in theory, with all that running should be enough bandwidth.I am running the 500.. so it has more than ample enough.5. And we eve had a rotor on an antenna now. Same. Plan details. IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES, Re: IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES. Now that it's been added are you able to successfully access the content you were missing? Click on the Tools menu (you may have to press Alt to bring up the menu). We watch TV in the living room, where I also have my laptop gaming, my son on youtube, wife on phone games/facebook, and multiple other devices connected to it (not necessarily running anything). 11:19 PM To get ignite, same internet speed and same tv package it was $257, plus a $149+tax install.