Once completely cool, about two hours later, place on a plate and drizzle with Lemon … Continue pulsing until the mixture is well combined. Cool the keto lemon cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges. Thank you. Hi Jann! Great question, Mary. Could you substitute honey for the granulated sweetener? We have always loved lemon-flavored desserts because they are so light and refreshing. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the top is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf and comes out clean. Let us know how it turns out if you decide to go that route. There is just something amazing about taking that first bite of this soft pound cake. This Keto Lemon Cake is moist, sweet, and packed full of lemon flavor. Hi Mary Jo! Bake for 60-70 min or until the center feels firm when lightly pressed and the edges are deep golden brown. Pound cakes have been around forever, but many people don’t know what makes a cake a pound cake. I always have sour cream at the house, hardly ever heavy cream. Evenly divide the batter between the baking pans and smooth out the tops with a spatula. Make this pound cake for all your backyard barbecues, brunches, and dinners because your guests will love every crumb. Made this for friends tonight (low carb curious and food savvy) and it turned out so well- they loved it! She uses her favorite sweetener Swerve in 99% of her recipes. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until pudding cakes are puffed up and light golden brown but still have a little bit of jiggle in the center. Dairy Allergy. So glad they caught your eye, Kellie. The acid in the sour cream will affect leavening and the fat content for sour cream is lighter as well with only about 18-20% milkfat (for full fat sour cream), whereas heavy cream is about 30% at minimum. Carolyn of All Day I Dream About Food typically recommends erythritol for her recipes, but there are many other options such as stevia, monk fruit, and Swerve. … To make this switch, we recommend following Step 3 of this recipe and adding 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice to the egg whites in place of the cream of tartar. This pound cake is the delicious moist dessert you have been waiting for. Sounds like a great idea for some experimentation, Mary! Get your oven preheated to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. Repeat with remaining layers (and sides of the cake, if desired with remaining frosting). Mine sank at about 20 mins but they tasted delicious...what went wrong? If so, how would you recommend modifying the baking time/temperature? Unfortunately, we haven't done any testing for a non-dairy version, Tammie. This is the type of recipe success story we love to hear. When looking for a ramekin substitute, it's recommended to use any other small ceramic cup or bowl you might have around, or even a heat-proof glass jar (think canning jars). Once the cake layers are completely cool, invert the bottom cake layer onto a cake stand or cake platter and add a layer of frosting, smoothing with a spatula. Hi Jewel! Use their Locator on their site :) https://swervesweet.com/, 1/2 cup granulated low- or zero-carb sweetener of choice (see notes), 2 tablespoons softened butter (see notes), 2 large Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs, whites and yolks separated, at room temperature, Powdered low- or zero-carb sweetener of choice for sprinkling. Hi Kay, thanks for writing. Wow, we're thrilled to hear that your first attempted start was pretty good, Tim! I created this site to help and teach people like you how the keto diet can change your life also, Sign up for my newsletter to be notified of new post and reciepes. We hope this helps! We're so sorry to hear that your cakes sank, Carolyn. We have not tried this ourselves, but we welcome your feedback if you try it. Add the eggs, lemon juice, flours, baking powder, and zest. This Keto Lemon Cake is moist, sweet, and packed full of lemon flavor. Will keep in recipe arsenal May need a little more sweet. How much did you enjoy this recipe? We hope that helps! My name is Louis and i am the Keto God. Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by getting email updates! And if you are lucky enough to get a little bit of lemon glaze on your finger, it’s impossible not to lick it off. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment. We hope a lemon pudding cake is in store for you soon, Linda! In another separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Check the cake around the 45-minute mark and add a piece of foil if the edges have darkened too much. Let the cake finish cooling before serving. Thanks for reaching out! That's a great question, Evelyn! You can find it here: https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/keto-lemon-pudding-cake/ Please let us know if we may assist further! Bake them for 20-25 minutes then check them. I’m Taryn. Could this work with limes? Instead of heavy cream, could you use full fat coconut milk? Second Step: In your food processor, mix together the cream cheese, butter, and sweetener. We unfortunately haven't had the chance to try this substitution, so we can't guarantee that it will work perfectly - but it's definitely worth a try! Can someone tell me if the sour cream can be the problem? Post more if you have any. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. You will need to prepare the batter as directed. You really can't substitute sour cream for heavy cream. Very light and souffle- like with a nice lemon punch. . Although second batch in oven, batter tasted like success to ne. Is there a nondairy version that works? eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'theketogod_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',117,'0','0'])); Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The batter is going to be thick. We hope you can try it yourself. The center will be firm, and the edges will be a deep golden brown when it’s done. We look forward to hearing how you enjoy it! These truly are delicious! Added touch more sweetener and a little vanilla. Though it's not quite the same in texture, we highly recommend this Instant Pot lemon cheesecake: https://www.peteandgerrys.com/egg-recipes/instant-pot-lemon-cheesecake. We haven't tried this in an Instant Pot, but it's certainly worth testing out. Total /Net Carbs. I made this recipe exactly as written, with the exception of the ramekin sizes. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Hi! Thanks for trying our recipe, Priscilla. Great question, Ivana! Heavy cream is the kind you whip for whipped cream. Zesty lemon is the star of the show, and you’ll find it in the cake as well as the decadent lemon glaze. Divide between prepared ramekins and fill the baking dish holding the ramekins with hot water until it reaches about halfway up the ramekins. Cool the keto lemon cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges. If you do refrigerate them to get them chilled, be aware that you could see some extra cracking on the surface and the cakes will contract a bit as they cool. That's definitely a case where you'd need to re-balance the ratio of wet and dry ingredients, but we unfortunately haven't had the chance to test out other sweeteners and how they react. Over the years, the recipes have evolved, and many have gotten away from the one-pound ingredients. It was so delicious - light and very lemony. Keto Lemon Pound Cake is the delicious moist dessert you have been waiting for. And if you are lucky enough to get a little bit of lemon glaze on your finger, it’s impossible not to lick it off. For more information about how we calculate our nutritional content and to read our nutritional disclaimer, please check out our Recipe Nutrition Facts blog post. Allow to sit and curdle for about 5 minutes while you mix the other ingredients. Cooking soft cakes and custards in a bain marie allows them to heat up more slowly and cook more gently. Just allow them to cool down to your desired temperature and serve however you like. Scoop the keto lemon pound cake batter into the prepared pan. Breakfast & Brunch Lift the parchment paper and take it out of the pan. If I don't have ramekins, do you think this would work in a springform or regular cake pan, or even a muffin tin? It definitely has our mouths watering here, Jean. We have not tried this recipe using coconut, but we welcome your experimentation. This easy low carb pound cake recipe is also gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and THM S. If you are a huge lemon fanatic, this pound cake needs to be in your life. Pour the batter into a loaf pan that’s been prepared. Does the name alone have you convinced? Add in the eggs, flours, lemon juice, baking powder, and lemon zest. If you want to give it a try with a smaller batch, it might be worth doing! I have lost over 50 pounds and enjoyed every bite. We're excited to hear how you like it, Shadley! This starter bundle includes Exogenous Ketone Base, Keto Collagen, MCT Oil Powder, and Ketone Testing Strips which bis everything you need to start your keto supplementation journey. Desserts, Copyright © 2020 Joy Filled Eats on the Seasoned Pro Theme. The Keto Lemon Pound Cake is also super moist and perfect for a Sunday afternoon dessert. These individual low-carb treats are delightfully lemony but with a comfort food feeling you can only get from something warm out of the oven. Add in the eggs, flours, lemon juice, baking powder, and lemon zest.