This reminds me of the fried chicken I enjoyed growing up in south Ga. Let chicken fry for about 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and the juices run clear. I then used the extra flour mixture to make gravy from some of the drippings...it was great! In a medium size bowl mix together the eggs and milk. This creates fried chicken that isn't greasy, has a crispy outside and a moist inside. Sprinkle a dash of the remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder onto both sides of the chicken pieces. It's important to not use your fingers because they will remove more of the coating you'd just put on. I give the recipe 5 stars as written, but I have a few suggestions, which come from my Nana. 4. 2. Here are some additional tips for getting a tasty bird. The crunch will hold its own against marinara and cheese alike. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Guaranteed to please your game day crew! Use with buttermilk to really nail that home-cooked flavor! I still could not get the chicken to cook through without burning the batter. This milder blend of ingredients gives your fried chicken a perfectly light, crispy crunch, just like Grandma used to make. This recipe had excellent flavor! It was wonderfully crispy and delicious and even better cold the next day! This site uses cookies to analyze traffic for marketing purposes and to personalize content. When oil is hot shake any excess flour off the chicken and add the pieces to the pan a few at a time. proceeding to the website you agree to the terms in our privacy policy. Pile it high with pickles for extra zing! This is the best homemade fried chicken recipe ever! One piece at a time, dip the chicken into the egg/milk mixture then add to the plastic bag. Until you get the hang of coating, it's easy to go through a whole lot of flour. 1. Nonna won’t know what hit her! The Cajun answer to Buffalo wings has arrived! The only changes I made was to use 8oz. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I liked that it was not too thin and not too thick. It heats at a temp higher than other veggie oils before it burns. I host a girl's club and had them make these. The one thing I changed though is that I followed another review suggestion using heavy whipping cream instead of evaporated milk. Homestyle Chicken Fry 9 oz This milder blend of ingredients gives your fried chicken a perfectly light, crispy crunch, just like Grandma used to make. Fry the chicken in batches if your pan won't hold them all with space to spare. This one is definately a keeper for my book! This seasons the meat so that you will have a flavorful and juicy bite each time. This was great and to help the others with the frying problems please read on. I did like the batter and thought it was very good. INGREDIENTS: Enriched bleached wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), salt, baking powder (corn starch, sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum sulfate, monocalcium phosphate), paprika, black pepper, dried garlic, dried onion CONTAINS: WHEAT. After a couple times making it I made a few small changes. of baking soda (this takes the blood out of the bird)and fill with water until covered for 15-20 min. They came out so light and crisp! Make this for yourself and see! Something about this causes the coating to stick well. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used. whipping cream and approx. But otherwise this chicken recipe is killer! This is by far the best recipe for fried chicken I have tried. I browned the chicken on both sides then put it in a 380 degree oven for 1/2 hour and this helped to eliminate the over-browning some other reviewers commented on. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Place it on a plate and dust with the flour mix. I baked my chicken just about a half hour AFTER THE FRYING STEP only because I like to be sure my chicken's done. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into 6 pieces, Back to Tanya's Louisiana Southern Fried Chicken. I just cut back on the flour by a 1/4 cup. A little Louisiana flair goes a long way in this recipe. Using a spoon or fork, gently press the flour onto the chicken. Here’s a charming parm, made easy with our Air Fryer batter! Even if you don't want a thick crust, consider making a lot more of the flour mix. I did add just a couple drops of Frank's Hot Sauce just because that's something I've always done.