Using chicken. If using pork shoulder, as I did, halve it lengthwise to form two long pieces, then slice the pieces. I strongly recommend cooking this in a NON STICK pan because the marinade is quite jammy so it will caramelise and stick to the pan. This was magnificent! I made this for a friend recovering from surgery and her teen said she should have people bring dinner more often. It's so jammy and loaded with flavour, it's brilliant for using as a stir fry. I’ve never liked pears but the nashi pear has such a different texture and I really liked it. To cook, heat oil in a large non stick skillet (Note 4) over high heat. I drained off some of the marinade because it took a long time to cook the first time. Asian slaw as a side. It smells absolutely amazing. Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks! Seriously my favorite pork recipe! – Nagi x. Hungry for more? You just need to cook clever and get creative! 6. I’m looking forward to eating this again. Cut pork into thin slices. God. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes or until dark golden and caramelised, and just cooked through. A technique that is not used widely but is fantastic for getting incredible flavour into marinades and sauces is grated onions and pears / apples. Thanks so much for the feedback, I truly appreciate it! However! Writing this up just reminds me how lip smackingly delicious this is and now I’m craving it!!! The use of pears and apples in marinades is a classic Korean technique which works brilliantly. I have family members that can’t eat pork unfortunately. I used a ripe mango and it came out great. Fruit juices simply don’t compare – far less flavour, even when they’re cold pressed fresh juice. I assume that doesn’t mean a whole head of garlic… Is there any suitable substitute for pork? Cover the cheeks about 3/4 of the way with the pork stock and cover with foil. 4. I love hearing how you went with my recipes! P.S. An authentic simple Korean marinade is the star of this spicy, sticky Korean The one ingredient in this recipe that you might not be able to find easily is Gochujang which is a Korean spice paste. My. Gochujang is a Korean paste that is used in a lot of Korean recipes. This is super tasty and super easy to cook. Wish I made more because my boys were all asking for more. Gradually stir in the broth, rosemary, savory, salt and pepper. If you do not have a non stick pan, an easy way to clean the fry pan is to fill with some water and bring it to a simmer on the stove. Lay pork medallions over mixture. Update: As readers note below in the comments, it still tastes amazing! Remove from skillet and set aside. Thank you for another awesome recipe. An authentic simple Korean marinade is the star of this spicy, sticky Korean pork stir fry that will leave you wanting more long after you licked your bowl clean! I know it. Thanks! It comes in a bright red tub and the paste is a deep red colour. I’m making this tonight and wondering if I need to run and buy a box grater:) Your recipes are amazing and if I need this…it’s worth it, thanks! At Korean BBQ, this is made using pork belly which is too fatty for a stir fry like this (in my personal view). N x. I haven’t finished making this yet, but I’m already going to give it 5 stars. 7. Gochujang aside, this is a seriously quick midweek meal. I had enough to share with neighbor (may have gotten carried away…?!) This is the third or fourth recipe I have made from your recipes Nagi, and I have to say your recipes are AMAZING! Typically I would have served this with kimchi which is the spicy Korean pickled cabbage that is served with practically every dish for every meal in Korea, but I didn’t have any on hand. It will also work with any pork cuts suitable for stir frying, like tenderloin, but the meat will be leaner. Thanks! This is a MUST TRY for anyone who loves food with big bold flavours!!! This was delicious. Either way love your recipes they are really accessible for people that aren’t familiar with Asian cuisine. Korean Beef Bowl (Bulgogi / Korean BBQ Beef), Dwaejibulgogi Korean Spicy BBQ Pork recipe, Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork). i’m just making this for the second time, and i noticed that the recipe calls for 1 garlic in the stir fry.