Replacing the butter with oil will prevent this from happening. What now?! Powered by WordPress. I cooked them for 32 minutes instead of 20, then shut the oven off but left the pan in for another 10 minutes. A quick dessert your kids will love and cheap to make for a bunch of people. I was gonna try this regardless but now I’ll understand what I’m trying to do. (Hey, that rhymed! These fudgy cake mix brownies are so simple to make and everyone will love them! With ingredients I already had I whipped it up in a few & it was really good! Thanks for explaining the details. Be sure to register or log in and then click the camera icon located at the bottom of the comment form. warm water (add more if too thick) 1-1/2 tsp. It came out still seeming a bit wet but after about a half an hour of standing, everything had firmed up. Making brownies has never been easier than when you just use a box of cake mix to make the batter. Spread on top of cake mixture. And finish with the warm water. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease a bundt cake pan. They definitely can be cheap. Another fall favorite is this cake mix pumpkin bread. This Cake Mix Brownies recipe is the easiest brownies recipe ever! Good choice, all around. I decided to make the executive decision and throw in some Hershey’s Baking Melts. The perfect dessert. Oil is typically used in recipes for fudgey brownies for just this reason! Simply switch out the flavor of cake mix and candy that you use and you have a new brownie every time. Allow them to cool completely in the baking dish after that before slicing for perfection. Easy and delicious recipe to make with a box of chocolate cake mix! While the recipe on the back (for the cake) may say more or less, go with the 1/3 cup. OMG these were awful. Cook Time 17 minutes. If you’ve got a big chocolate sweet tooth, these 4 ingredient chocolate cake mix cookies will hit the spot! I’m so glad they turned out so well!! A regular cake mix makes a 9×13, so wondering how they turned out. The center might seem underdone, but as the brownies set, they will be fine. Thanks for the advice! Wonder what they’d be like if you added chocolate syrup in the batter…? “I changed the recipe and it was bad!” Get it together, Lori. Cake mix brownies with just 2 ingredients and any flavor of cake mix you like! Add the cake mix, olive oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips to a large bowl. Press into greased sheet cake pan. But today we’re talking about an “in a pinch” option. With these brownies, I mean. Cake mix pumpkin muffins are quite possibly the easiest muffins ever and a fun seasonal treat! Spray your pan and add mix making sure it is smoothed out and the same thickness across your pan so they cook evenly. My family and I absolutely loved this brownie recipe. Mix together 1/2 box sugar, 1 egg and cream cheese. I made mine with a Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge mix in a 9” pan with about a half cup of marshmallows added, just because. While you don’t want to eliminate eggs completely from the recipe (they do add a lot of flavor and tasty, healthy fats…aren’t you looking for healthy brownies?!? IN bowl mix all ingredients with a spoon until combined. Skip this; you don’t want to add any liquid to your mix. 2 Tbps. These turned out great! They would even taste good with a cherry chip cake mix or some other flavor. Drop dead delicious!!! I am a very experienced baker and thought I would give this a try since I was out of brownie mix. It only takes 4 simple ingredients to make brownies from a chocolate cake mix! I just took them out of the oven a bit ago and couldn’t wait for them to cool completely. Bake for 20 minutes. It’s a great move to keep a few in your pantry, and I agree on the frosting! Also, I did not realize how much sodium was in a boxed cake mix! Yuk. The top crisped up beautifully too. I used the recipe exactly as presented – just needed to cook about 10 mins more (total 30 mins). OMG these were great most definitely my favorite recipe!!! I just can’t get enough of these brownies. Made this with dark chocolate cake mix and chocolate chips. An easy and crowd pleasing dessert thanks to our secret weapon: dark chocolate fudge cake mix. Then mix everything together and pour it on the cake. I would argue this is an excellent recipe for 2020 home days! We (Back To My Southern Roots) are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Kindly help. Brownie cake is a rich, decadent, and incredibly easy cake to make. Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake for about 55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Mine just turned into cake and not a brownie. They’re super fudgy brownies made with just 5 simple ingredients – you’ll want to make them every week! Add cake mix, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and semi sweet chocolate chips to a bowl and use a rubber … My mixer el heated up I just had to add milk. If you plan to freeze them, wrap them up in some plastic wrap and a baggie that you can seal, or a […]. I have been known to ruin batches of brownies because I just couldn’t wait to dig in and try one. Edit: I didn’t have milk on hand so I had to use water. These turned out really good! I pulled it out at the 20-minute mark, 350F, and it was already over-risen and fully cooked—not very fudgy. ), you can reduce the amount of eggs that is suggested. They turned out super fudgy in the center of the pan, with the right amount of crunchy bits around the edges. Cake Batter Blondies with Marshmallow Buttercream. Plus, it has a sinfully delicious homemade chocolate icing on top. I had a just expired chocolate cake mix that I wanted to use up – didn’t want to make a cake w frosting etc & so googled & found this recipe. Rich and chewy strawberry brownies are our favorite but try lemon cake mix brownies too. Oh Lawdy these are great. Transfer the cake mix brownie batter to a greased 8 X 8 baking dish, Bake the brownies at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (mine were perfect right at 25 minutes), For best results, allow brownies to cool completely before cutting. This Cake Mix Brownies recipe is the easiest brownies recipe ever! Keep the same 350 degree F baking temperature that the box suggests- this is a perfect universal temperature for cakes, brownies and cookies (when in doubt, cook at 350!). Are you making this recipe? Get 5 Baking Secrets That Will Change Your Life! Keyword brownies, cake mix, easy, strawberry. Delivered Straight to Your Inbox, For Free! Of the buttercream sort. You must satisfy that craving! 1 - 15.25 oz. Some cake mix recipes say to use butter however, butter has milk solids in it and also lactic acid which can react with the leavener in the cake mix (aka baking powder) and help it to rise. Allow to cool completely before cutting for easiest results. If you’re like me, you’ve probably got a few random boxes of cake mix lurking around the back of the pantry. Spray an 8 X 8 baking dish with cooking spray, then add the batter in. Instant Pot Vegetable Recipes and Cook Times, TIP to making really soft and chewy brownies. I could still hold it like a bar brownie, no fork required, but otherwise it was a dense, moist, rich, glorious thing. Serve with ice cream for an amazing dessert! Used a good quality mix I’ve used before. . Spray an 8×8 pan with baking spray, set aside. I hope it worked out after you added the milk! A delicious shortcut to make a fudgy, yet cakey, brownies. How To Make Brownies From Cake Mix… 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar 3 Tbsp. And, it’s topped with a rich and super easy chocolate icing. I made this with King Arthur Gluten Free Chocolate cake mix and it was fabulous! Both are solid. Hi, Delivered Straight to Your Inbox, For Free: © 2020 Cookies & Cups. I was surprised with my first bite at just how salty it was…! This way I know how to convert either mix into the other very easily. Start by adding the box cake and brownie mixes to a large bowl. March 17, 2020. Batter seemed a bit dry so I added more milk and a touch more oil. A quick dessert your kids will love and cheap to make for a bunch of people. My husband and I are polar opposites – he loves frosting, and I could totally go for just a moist cake. The steps outlined above make perfect sense and are good in a pinch, but I think that an actual brownie mix (or a home-made recipe) is the best way to go. They are so easy to use. Rich and chewy strawberry brownies are our favorite but try lemon cake mix brownies too. I really want to try this with a yellow cake mix.