Although the stunning quality of the food is, of course, a huge factor. It's worth a look though. This park also contains Hong Kong’s oldest and best-preserved British colonial buildings from the 19th century. It offers a wonderful respite from the sprawl of high-rise apartments surrounding it. Hong Kong is known as a Shopper’s Paradise, so you don’t want to bring too many things with you. Lin Heung is one of the oldest traditional Cantonese restaurants in the city, serving only dim sum during the day and main courses at night. You’ll feel as if you’ve hopped a border and ended up in a different place altogether – but remember to check the weather first so as not to get caught in the rain! Let’s have a look at a handy Hong Kong itinerary to give you an idea of where to start. The sincerity with which the vendors and customers conduct their business gives you an idea of the importance that fish have in the home in Chinese culture. Good that you were able to had foodtrips in a Michelin restaurant, plus the floataing restaurant (i envy you!) –>> sign up here! Afterwards, it is all about overindulging on Hong Kong markets. After a non-stop fifteen, yep 1-5, hour flight from San Francisco we will arrive in Hong Kong at 6:00am, just in time for some coffee. [Check Out: How to Apply for Hong Kong visa online]. So unique, we might have to go back after supper too. Starting at 6 pm, the undiscerning street morphs into a thriving hustle and bustle, with just about anything imaginable on sale. Take a Junk Boat Ride Through Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour If only to experience the novelty – don’t feel obliged to buy yourself a scaly companion! Departing from Star Ferry Pier, the cruise involves a night time ride around Victoria Harbor. Don’t miss taking a stroll in Hong Kong Park. The car will bring us to see the amazing Tian Tan Buddha, otherwise known as Big Buddha. Hong Kong … There will be a short two hour flight to Chiang Mai, […], You definitely had a blast in Hongkong! Nope, but there is nothing wrong with eating dessert first at the swanky Dessert Kitchen. You can kick off your 3 days in Hong Kong by getting your bearings with a breathtaking ferry ride across the glittering Victoria Harbor with Star Ferry. Have a wonderful trip. Though it’s not strictly a night market, the road is closed to traffic after 4 pm and most of the action happens from then onwards. Though it can be exhilarating albeit confusing ordeal to strike out on your own in search of your gastronomic Holy Grail, it’s a smart move for first-timers to join a guided dim sum tour, usually operated by a knowledgeable local. Time for some well deserved sleep. 3 days in Hong Kong: Day 2 Disneyland. COPYRIGHT © 2020 Rayna Tours | All Rights Reserved. Day 3: Itinerary. The Ladies Market takes its name from the abundance of goods for women of all ages, which includes everything you could think of – from stockings to handbags. We stayed on both sides, we prefer Hong Kong Island or right at the tip of Kowloon at The Luxe Manor. The Star Ferry is only $2.50HK which is one of the cheapest things to do in Hong Kong. Visit an Offbeat Asian Market. I think it’s a good one. End your 3 days in Hong Kong in glitzy fashion, with drinks at the highest rooftop bar in the city. That’s how I roll. This park has a greenhouse that houses 2,000 plant species. Duh. From here, you can enjoy unimpeded views of the entire city, Victoria Harbor, and on a clear day, the gorgeous backdrop of lush, forested mountain faces. That’s the Hong Kong subway system that will be our main mode transport. A large plate of the Kurobuta Pig Belly & Cheek is already on my mind. This is one of the must-do activities in your Hong Kong itinerary, not only because of the jaw-droppingly stunning views of the city but because the park area itself is an absolute pleasure to wander around. There we will be noshing on what they are famous for, the dim sum. First will be the goldfish market which specializes in selling these friendly sea creatures. Update: Here are the stories from the adventures I had in Hong Kong…, Hong Kong Bucket List: 30 Best Things To Do and Places to Visit February 21, 2019, 0 comments, Best Free and Fun Things to Do in Dubai – Beaches, Parks and Souks Each Wednesday is a different theme and it will be Wines of the Valley when we are there. Day two of the Hong Kong itinerary starts with a ride on the Central Mid-Level escalator, the longest uncovered escalator in the World. Though it is a popular Hong Kong dish, I will just be eating it for the street cred. I am sure of it. The morning will start with a ride on the Ngong Ping 360 cable car, a clear box tram that travels high in the sky. You haven't even been there yet you already make the city look amazing. Here’s hoping. You’re so right, it feels like you’ve gone to another country, it’s so different but so beautiful. Densely packed with glittering skyscrapers, neon lights and flashy rooftop bars, the unmistakable skyline is a city lover’s dream, and the many gems nestled within promise some of the best culture, cuisine, and entertainment in the world. We recommend the following Hong Kong hotels as we stayed in each of them: Airbnb first-timers, if you sign up through my referral link you get $40 credit when you book your first trip! Keep traveling and sharing . Weather permitting, a venture out onto the rooftop terrace only adds to the experience; as in most places in culinary Hong Kong, never fear, the food at Ozone is out of this world. Hong Kong Disneyland, located on Lantau Island, is a popular day trip for visitors from all over the world. Confirm your hotel bookings before departing for Hong Kong. Hopefully, my very first fortune telling experience, not including the cookies, will actually bring good fortune. Only a few minutes from the Ladies Market, it’s more than worth squeezing this into a Hong Kong itinerary. The Star Ferry has been a popular way to cross since the 1920s. Start your day with a classic Hong Kong-style yum cha. I was a bit disappointed by the lounge and the size of rooms. If you don’t have time to stop by, don’t worry, there are a range of other Tim Ho Wan’s around the world, but the chance to eat at the one in Hong Kong doesn’t come around every day! But well it’s downtown Hong Kong…. Without a doubt, the most famous of the highly reputable dim sum outlets in Hong Kong, Tim Ho Wan, is actually a Michelin-starred restaurant – and one of the cheapest Michelin star restaurants in the world. Photo Gallery Fodor’s Hong Kong Travel Guide (book) Take a Junk Boat Ride Through Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour Slurp Chinese Snake Soup in Hong Kong Witness Hong Kong… September 03, 2020, 0 comments, How to Apply for Dubai Visa Online? Your Hong Kong trip seems hectic, yet enjoyable. I'm not going until this summer, so can't wait to read about your experiences. With just about everything on offer, from wandering around the obscure and delicious restaurants in Kowloon to dining on a sightseeing bus ride, you’re sure to find something to your taste! I am an obsessive planner, I don’t like to miss anything . The instantly recognizable building is made up of colorful pillars and traditional Chinese latticed roofs and is as popular with locals as it is with tourists. Here is my suggested order for day 3: Ngong Ping 360 & Giant Buddha, 10,000 Buddhist Monastry, Se Wong Yee, The Jumbo Floating Restaurant for dinner, finally, Happy Valley. Eat Dessert First at Hong Kong’s Dessert Kitchen, Eat Squid Jerky in Hong Kong’s Tai O Fishing Village, A Guide to Nakalele Blowhole in Maui, Hawaii, Villa Del Palmar Loreto: A Resort Hotel for Your Baja Mexico Bucket List, Key West & Florida Keys Islands Bucket List: 45 BEST Things to Do, Chiang Mai Bucket List: 30 Things to Do in Thailand’s Best Northern City, 20 Cute & Comfortable Travel Boots for Women Walking the World, Rangeley Bucket List: Summer Things to Do in Maine’s Laidback City, Santorini Bucket List: 30 Best Things to Do on the Greek Island, Maine’s Pemaquid Point (& Peninsula) Bucket List: 9 Great Things to Do, A Guide to Swimming in Palau’s Freshwater Jellyfish Lake. Though you’ll have ample time in your Hong Kong itinerary to visit gorgeous temples, if there is one temple in Hong Kong that you should make it your priority to explore, it’s the Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple. The Airport Express will drop us off at the hoity-toity Conrad Hotel in the Central District of town. I wish our blog had the informative commitment that yours does… Alas, we can’t all be fountains of info. If nothing else, it is overloaded with new experiences, an obscene amount of weird food and plenty of bucket list checks. BTW: How’s the Maui itinerary coming? I have no idea where it will take me, but it doesn’t really matter. Slurp Chinese Snake Soup in Hong Kong Then we will be off to Tin Hau Temple to pay a visit to the fortune tellers that hang out nearby. Day 3 is a bit extreme. Use the Airport Express to get dropped off at your hotel; check-in and get started with your tours for Day 1. Hong Kong is so much more than the skyscrapers and shopping! Aside from being an incredibly unique experience, it’s also a fascinating insight into the local street vending traditions in Kowloon – you’ll notice far more locals than tourists. During this stroll we will witness Exchange Square (the Hong Kong Stock Exchange), Statue Square and St. Johns Cathedral. Hong Kong is an amazing destination to visit, and there are so many things to do in such a small area. But, I want to know what it takes to get that star. Built in Tang Dynasty style, the complex comprises of red and gold structures housed among soothing lotus ponds and ornate bridges that are the epitome of gorgeous Chinese temple architecture. I went on the Hong Kong Pub Crawl when I was there many years ago, and it was absolutely amazing!! He believes that the best product in the market sells like hot cakes. October 28, 2020, 0 comments, 15 Best Things to do in the Dubai Mall The best seats in the house for a stunning light and multimedia performance projected from the rooves of the various majestic skyscrapers lining the waterfront. Buddha makes me hungry, so it’s off to the Jumbo Kingdom Floating Restaurant for lunch. Required fields are marked *, The Palm Fountain Dubai – Everything You Need to Know ; Midday: At midday take a Star Ferry cruise in Tsim Sha Tsui. I've never been, but you know if I ever do I'll be following your food recs  . But, have a GREAT time! Our offices are in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Pune (India), Singapore and Kuala Lumpur(Malaysia). Lastly, it’s off to the Temple Street Night Market for Hong Kong trinkets and food. Thanks in advance, I’m beyond excited to visit Hong Kong for the first time. I remember seeing a few in Hong Kong….oh and they definitely have Starbucks! 3 Day Hong Kong Itinerary. We are Hannah & Adam, a Wisconsin couple who left behind the American dream to travel the world and chase our own dreams. If you’ve had enough of the sometimes relentless boxed-in feeling of being in a busy metropolis, then choose today to head out further afield and add some of the jaw-dropping natural beauty in the surrounding area to your Hong Kong itinerary. The best thing to do and the tickets are 30% cheaper is to get your tickets online at Klook, it’ll save you time and money. Hiking Dragons Back and visiting Shek O was one of our favourite things to do in Hong Kong. Eat Squid Jerky in Hong Kong’s Tai O Fishing Village. Narrowing down the restaurant/food choices was the toughest!