If the heat is too high, the mixture will stick to the bottom of the pan. I ran to Walmart to get Nestle’s La Lechera and more cocoa powder, however, I purchased both regular and dark. The original Brigadeiro recipe, made with chocolate! (Thank you Maria). As the good Brazilian that I am, brigadeiros are my favorite treat in the whole world. Use a spoon to scoop small amounts of brigadeiro, and roll into a ball between lightly buttered hands. Print. I mean who doesn’t love to experiment. Place in sealed container or on a lined plate/sheet and top with plastic wrap. Place it in the fridge until completely cool. I was taught to use this method when cooking with chocolate, and it works every time. Repeat this with the remaining mix. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. With butter-greased hands, shape these into small balls. can Magnolia Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk. Hi… They look delicious, definitely I’ll try the recipe. I don’t even know what they are called. . This is one of my favorites too! Sift cocoa powder, whisking until no lumps. Have a great day! I made batches using both regular and dark cocoa powder and both were exquisite, but I loved the dark version the most….particularly those rolled in crushed candy canes. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring non-stop. Besides these utterly delectable Brazilian Brigadeiro, how else might you use Nestle’s La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk? I can’t wait to try it. Let’s make this super easy Brigadeiro recipe today! It will be just as delicious! Or like this one https://www.piesandtacos.com/chocolate-flan-instructions-for-oven-and-pressure-cooker/ We call this brigadeirao, which is like a chocolate flan. Growing up, we always made this with chocolate flavored milk powder such as Nesquick. Sometimes, it takes a follower on Twitter to make you remember something you long forgot about. They’re so festive and easy. Add sweetened condensed milk; mix well until well blended. Hello friends! To be able to roll into balls, the fudge needs to be very firm, make sure it’s thick enough before you stop cooking it. We leave the rolling into fancy truffles for parties and special occasions. These variations made very tasty versions of this Brazilian treat, although not wholly authentic. Course: Dessert . The original Brigadeiro recipe, made with chocolate! Coat into sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, crystal sugar. I cannot wait to try more! Scoop one tablespoons to hand roll into balls. Yes saratoga is awesome specially during summer!! It would be an absolute hit. Thank you so much!!! Dark chocolate cocoa powder instead of regular. Do you think that I can make it for breakfast? Log in. Run the spoon or spatula through the middle of the mixture, and it should take about 5 seconds to come back together. Prep. Help spread the word. Transfer to a non stick pan and look until a thick consistency, 6-9 minutes, until it pulls away and keeps its shape. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it rest in the fridge until completely chill. Pour on to a butter plate or baking sheet linked with wax paper.