“The show is about a boy named Evan Hansen who’s struggling with social anxiety and struggling to connect and fit in,” Stephanie LaRochelle, who plays Evan’s longtime crush, Zoe Murphy, said. He encounters Connor again, who now offers to sign Evan's cast. The cast featured Ben Platt, Laura Dreyfuss, Mike Faist, Rachel Bay Jones, Will Roland and Jennifer Laura Thompson repeating their roles from the Arena Stage production. Writing in The Stage, Tim Bano said "Lucy Anderson makes a striking professional debut as Evan's crush Zoe, and Rebecca McKinnis does strong work as Heidi Hansen. Some are already gone. Some are already gone. These opening words to the finale close up the message of the show: that you are enough, no matter what anyone tells you and no matter what you begin to tell yourself. The only one who ever did I'd pushed away.”, “...I was just lying there on the ground, waiting for someone to come get me. Benj Pasek and Justin Paul's ballads stand out, particularly Heidi's 'So Big/So Small,' Evan's 'Words Fail' and Zoe and Evan's young sweethearts duet 'Only Us. share. Give me a cult leader, obscure historical figures, dead musicians. He contacts Zoe, whom he has not seen since she found out the truth, and asks her to meet him. that was my role.”, “I mean, he wasn't really there, but in my mind, it was like he was, and all of a sudden that same day wasn't such a nightmare. 'Any second now', i kept thingking. I keep surprising even myself.”, “I'm left with a loneliness so overpowering it threatens to seep from my eyes. "Waving Through a Window (Reprise #1)"* – Evan, "Waving Through a Window (Reprise #2)"* – Alana, "Disappear" – Connor, Evan, Alana, Jared, Larry, Cynthia, Zoe, "You Will Be Found" – Evan, Alana, Jared, Zoe, Company, VC (virtual community), "Sincerely, Me (Reprise)"* – Connor, Jared, "Good for You" – Heidi, Alana, Jared, Evan, "You Will Be Found (Reprise)"* – Alana, Jared, VC, This page was last edited on 5 November 2020, at 14:08. Evan starts recounting a fictional version of the day he broke his arm at an abandoned apple orchard the Murphys had visited ("For Forever"). Cease to be. Like everything is telling him to let go. Instead, he takes side trips into tired knee-jerk liberalism and therapeutic healing. Talk about how you got to “Dear Evan Hansen” — which, by the way, I don’t want to call it the “Hamilton” of this season, but it kind of is. Evan goes to Connor's house for dinner. [41][42] The role of Evan Hansen was played by Robert Markus,[43] and Zachary Noah Piser on Wednesday and Saturday matinees. Cynthia Murphy – Connor and Zoe's stay-at-home mother. But from start to finish, when Evan leaves his room and finds an authentic life outside it, Dear Evan Hansen contains far more joy than sadness. Heidi, Alana, and Jared converge in Evan's conscience, compounding his guilt and doubt over his decisions ("Good for You"). Within the logic of that saying, the apple falls every single time. … Evan mentally writes himself one last letter reflecting on the impact he has had on his community and finally accepts himself ("Finale"). Later, when Evan mentions Connor, Zoe tells him that she does not want their relationship to be about Connor, but about the two of them ("Only Us"). The cast album, produced by Alex Lacamoire, featuring the band from both the original Off-Broadway and Broadway productions, including Ben Cohn (piano), Jamie Eblen (drums), Justin Goldner and Dillon Kondor (guitars), Rob Jost (bass), Justin Smith, Todd Low and Adele Stein (strings)[16] and won the 2018 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album. At the 71st Tony Awards, it was nominated for nine awards, winning six, including Best Actor in a Musical for Ben Platt, Best Featured Actress in a Musical for Rachel Bay Jones, Best Musical, and Best Score. It’s the hot ticket on Broadway right now.