Serve with carrots and onions. « Easter Ham in the Instant Pot in Only 30 Miuntes, Pound Cake Recipe – The Secret Formula for Perfection ». Did this recipe this evening with some local Nova Scotia lamb. My wife and son thought it was as good as any lamb dish served in a French restaurant. To get more information or to amend your preferences, press the “Cookie settings” button. (If the tops of the shanks look like they might be drying out, just baste and occasionally turn them.). In large bowl - combine lamb, pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt, cumin, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and 1/4 cup oil. As written, the sauce will not be thick or gravy like. I am definitely going to make it again. It is much cheaper than that if you go to Sam’s Club or Costco, and it’s been boned for you too! We had a lot of sauce left over, but it was so tasty that I’m figuring out what to serve it on later this week. I baked mine in the oven low and slow. I didn’t use the sugar or cinnamon and did not miss them. Once cook time is complete, allow pressure naturally release. Thank you for sharing. I loved how fast it was cooked in the pressure cooker and how yummy it tasted. Pour liquid through a fine mesh strainer and return to pot. Once hot add 1/4 cup olive oil and thoroughly brown lamb on all sides – making sure to render all the fat. Then I strained out the pasta keeping the remaining liquid and made the gravy. Thank you for this recipe. Thank you for signing up for our e-newsletter, giving you news about the latest happenings, events and offers across the Gordon Ramsay Restaurants. Can’t wait to cook it up again. Related Videos. Once well heated, add lamb shanks, leaving cinnamon, garlic, and jalapeno in the marinade container. After cooking the lamb shanks I took them out and added the tiny Acini De Pepe No 44 pasta to the liquid and cooked it for 10 minutes. Rub the mixture into the lamb so that it is well flavoured. Maybe needs to cook for less time? In large bowl - combine lamb, pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt, cumin, brown sugar, cinnamon … Place lamb shanks in a container to prepare for marinading. My first recipe with an instant pot, worth it just for this recipe! I like to serve this with a butter and thyme cauliflower mash. This is a new household favorite that will be cooked over and over again! Add homemade broth. Thank you. Read our Cookie Policy. Copyright © 2020 The Foodie Eats on the Foodie Pro Theme. I’m really glad you liked this recipe so much. By missing or substituting ingredients provided by the Chef, you will never achieve the same result. Gordon Ramsay Holdings Limited (GRHL) uses cookies to store or access information on your device to help us understand the performance of the website and to personalise your experience when browsing our website. - Place the lamb back in to the pan. Cook for a a few minutes. Subscribe for more videos. …and simmer until sauce reaches desired thickness. We are Gary and Rachael. Spicy Lamb Shanks - Gordon Ramsay Gordon braises lamb shanks with spices and red wine until it is falling apart and mouth-wateringly tender. This is wonderful! The sauce was very tasty. We’ve never had a problem with them being dry and overcooked. Once browned, remove lamb shanks and set aside. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe! Brown the lamb in it for about 6 minutes until coloured on all sides, then add the chillies and cinnamon from the marinade. The only thing I did differently was cook for 45mins in the pressure cooker instead of 30mins. My goal was to convert this into a recipe using my new favorite kitchen tool: The Instant Pot! I did not use the chilli for allergy reasons. ★ Did you make these Pressure Cooker Lamb Shanks? It’s so rich and flavourful you cannot get enough and the meat literally falls off the bone. For a neater, more attractive look, sever the tendon near the top of the narrow end of the Add paprika, oregano, cumin, bay leaves, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, and pepper to taste. Please enable JavaScript, It appears you are using an older browser. Chicken is about $2/lb You may find this causes parts of the site to function unexpectedly. Either a serrano pepper or jalapeno pepper will do. I didn’t use any Chili’s & it was still yummy! Was wondering how the flavours would work. Absolutely delicious flavor combo. Flavor of the lamb itself was excellent. No doubt about it… It has changed my approach to dinner. Last modified November 9, 2019 By Gary White. Can I use ground cinnamon instead and how much? Please try again, Yes I would like to receive latest marketing information by email from Gordon Ramsay, Yes I would like to receive the latest marketing information by email from Gordon Ramsay Restaurants, about all of our restaurants in the group  For more information please see our privacy policy. Separately in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water, then add to pot. Add paprika, oregano, cumin, bay leaves, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, and pepper to ... Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil on top of lamb shanks and stir lamb shanks in mixture until well coated. We believe that food is meant to be enjoyed! TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE. A filling, nutritious, and delicious dish! Next time I will add a few button mushrooms towards the end but truly, this is fantastic. Absolutely delicious; will definitely make again! Place the dutch oven, without the lid, in the oven for 3 hours at 325 degrees. Return lamb to pot and let sit in sauce until ready to serve. Add the carrots, onion and bay leaves to the casserole and brown for a minute or two. This recipe turned out nicely. Heat a large casserole dish on the hob and add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. You can cook the lamb straight away, but if you have time, cover and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour, or even overnight. Americans don’t eat more lamb because it’s always been too pricey. Most beef cuts $4-6/lb. We used 4 smallish shanks, so increased the cooking time to 40 minutes (plus natural pressure release) and that was perfect. I live in Wales (UK) and lamb shanks are about £8GBP a kilo (2.2lbs), though I generally buy whole lambs (butchered) for £5GBP a kilo. All lamb was tender/falling off the bone, and internal temperatures ranged from 200 to 210F – about right for a slow-cooked meat. Cooking Instructions. Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil on top of lamb shanks and stir lamb shanks in mixture until well coated. After I removed the lamb, bay leaves and cinnamon stick I used my immersion blender on the vegetables then thickened it. The lamb becomes so juicy and "fall-off-the-bone tender" from braising in the oven so long. Also, you can substitute the last 15 mins of cooking with the shanks in a hot oven to brown them off. Mix well to coat meat, then marinate from 30 minutes to overnight. Heat a large casserole dish on the hob and add a … Add diced garlic and jalapeno. Uncover and braise for 2 more hours, turning the shanks every 30 minutes. Pour liquid through a fine mesh strainer and return to pot. This recipe of his was no different! Let the lamb shanks marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes. Add the red wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up the bits from the bottom, then bring to the boil and cook for 7–8 minutes to reduce the liquid by half. Mix the chillies (use only one of each if you don’t like hot dishes), smoked paprika, oregano, cumin seeds, cinnamon ... Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas 3. However, it still manages to be savory. Return lamb to pot and let sit in sauce until ready to serve. It all turned out fantastic!! I added a can of crushed tomatos in place of one cup of beef broth. Took an hour to reduce it down after cooking (too late for dinner). Did you quick release the pressure, or do a natural pressure release? First prepare the marinade. I look forward to trying more of yours. Very tasty lamb, rich sauce. His recipes never seem to fail and they always become a favorite. What is the green chili? We will of course keep your data safe and secure and if you change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time on any marketing email we send or email us at [email protected]. Instructions were easy to follow. Cooking instructions. Do you accept these cookies and the processing of your personal data involved? Also, The meat departments inside our local grocery, no longer butcher meat. The only change was 1 cup of wine 2 cups of beef broth cumin and curry and cinnamon powder. A jalapeno and a hot red pepper. A green chili is one of the spicy ones, either Serrano or jalapeño. From Gordon's Ultimate Cookery Course. Whenever we are not sure what to cook for dinner in our house, we turn to Gordon Ramsay's YouTube channel. I am making this again tonight for dinner. I used ground cinnamon and it was ok…and I used about a tsp. These pressure cooker lamb shanks are seasoned to perfection and fall-off-the-bone tender. THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. Forgot to buy a green chile, but will definitely add next time.