Just pay… and carve away! Growers can deliver their pumpkins between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the Blühendes Barock Mömpelgardstrasse gate. I see pumpkins everywhere here, and pumpkin cakes as well, but haven’t seen any pumpkin pie though, think that’s more of a North American thing. Pumpkin deliveries should be made in the morning of 15.9.2019 on Mömpelgardstrasse (across from house number 20) by the gate in the park (after the many parking spaces on the left side) between 9 and 11:30 a.m. Get friendly with the animals at the petting zoo. You can also carve pumpkins as part of a children's birthday party (6 years and over). These can be found at www.blueba.de. The reshaped sand figures from the sand art exhibition will be the backdrop for our comical pumpkin gnomes this year as well. As usual, following basic advice offered in the Facebook groups made for a great trip. I wasn’t aware of pumpkin festival.I am glad I came across this article,will share this with my friends, © Copyright 2020 Monkeys and Mountains Adventure Travel | All Rights Reserved | This site contains affiliates in which I earn a commission at no extra cost to you, © 2020 Monkeys and Mountains | Adventure Travel. You must be over the age of 14, able to swim and must register by September 15 at [email protected]. I was there too! You can register in advance for the German championship by email: [email protected] or directly on-site when you bring in your pumpkin. Contributions identified by name reflect the opinion of the author and not necessarily the opinion of the Provider. The preparation for this amazing festival starts way back in April, when a large variety of pumpkins are planted. I love all the statues by the way! The page is in German, so you may need to translate the page by using the Google Chrome browser. This year for the first time the GPC Weigh-in will take place on the evening of 12.10.2019 at 5:30 p.m. for all pumpkins present that have not yet been weighed. Growers can deliver their pumpkins on October 6 between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. to the Mömpelgardstrasse gate on the south side of the Ludwigsburg Palace in the south garden of Blühendes Barock. The musicians will appear on the stage between the playground in front of the Fairy Tale Garden (Märchengarten) and the Pumpkin Gourmet (Kürbis-Gastronomie). Among the pumpkin growers, we weigh the giant progenies and record the data. With his pumpkin tipping the scales at 1190.5 kg, he topped the previous world record by over 130 kg and thus continues to hold the current record. Following a walk through Favoritepark, you will reach the Blühendes Barock entry gate "Marbacher Strasse". You Should Know This... Post #3, Welcome to Kaiserslautern! He has multiple talents; for example acting and public speaking. It became a little harder to photograph the displays undisturbed, and the park just started to feel uncomfortably crowded (remember, COVID). We have to check it out this year as it’s just a short ride from our home . The Early Weigh In is also expected to be a GPC championship (Giant Pumpkin Commonwealth) - the application process is currently in progress. Carving assistance (no babysitting) for a maximum of 10 children costs 30 Euros/hour. The Provider has no influence on the current and future design and content of linked pages. Visiting the pumpkin patch in the fall is always a highlight. The kids can participate in numerous pumpkin-based activities and races as well as pumpkin painting and rolling. Every year, Ludwigsburg puts up a spectacular display of pumpkins in the palace’s ground. Deliveries of the pumpkins should be made on October 13 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. to the gate on Mömpelgardstrasse in Ludwigsburg. In addition, we will be measuring long gourds, sun flowers and corn that has been brought in starting at 1:30 p.m. during the Pumpkin Weigh Off. Pumpkin Regatta 3rd Place:        100 Euros 4. Seeds are put up for sale at a higher price online later, so it is always a great idea to grab some seeds right at the festival. We will certainly make time to check it out next year! The Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Carving World's move last year to the Broderie in the north garden has proven to be a good one. Now some of them are set to be carved. Now, I like it pureed in soup, pieces in risotto or stew, and as an addition to pasta sauce. If we find a pumpkin suitable to be turned into a pumpkin canoe, we want to offer all interested growers a paddle on the South Garden Lake after the weigh off and the opportunity to have beautiful photos taken against the backdrop of the Ludwigsburg Castle. The dark, glowing rooms of the Little Chamber of Horrors are open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. to all kids between the ages of 2-14. We're looking forward to seeing you! In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without stating a particular situation. The top eight canoeists from the previous year will automatically take part in the Sunday finals if they register by September 15 via email: [email protected] . If any provision of these conditions are found to be unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be replaced by a valid,enforceable provision that most closely matches the the intent of the original provision. We are also continuously searching for pumpkin seeds from all over the world to expand our selection of pumpkin varieties. However, the Provider does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the content. . If you would like to exercise your right to object or appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected] from the Stuttgart main train station in 12 minutes: Trains on the railway lines Würzburg – Stuttgart, Karlsruhe – Stuttgart and Heilbronn – Stuttgart also stop at the Ludwigsburg station. Glad I found out about this pumpkin festival, would love to be there and try out the “Pumpkin Rösti! I can’t believe all of the variety of pumpkins and the magnificent sculptures on display. Should the growers not have the time to return to Ludwigsburg, we will either smash the pumpkins on your behalf and send you the seeds or you can send a representative in your stead. Dates of validity of this data privacy policy After taking a mid-day nap, we met our friends for dinner and drinks at a romantic Italian restaurant Da Tafuro. Continue from the Ludwigsburg train station on foot or by bus: Here you can take the path along the historic marketplace and then follow the street "Untere Marktstrasse". He said it would be fun. The short distance makes it particularly attractive for those who are no longer so sure on their feet, but would still like to visit us). The audience will be invited to watch the pumpkin artists closely, evaluate their artworks and artistic charm and cast a vote for their favourite carver.