Oh my my.These are the best cookies ever.Sooo good.I have divided the dough in 24 and weighed each one.They kept their round shape and look perfect.Thankyou very much for this recipe.I will surely be doing them over and over as they are easy to make and delicious too. Hi Jane, I can’t wait to try these! I have honestly made about 20 batches of cookies now, to get these right. The cornflour makes such a lovely texture doesn’t it! x, My son has made these today. I ended up having to give three away as Although I’d kept them in the freezer I couldn’t stop Baking them! Thank you! So far, no one’s contested her claim. A must to bake a batch soon and enjoy! Jane, I’ve baked 3 batches of these over the last fews days, sharing them with friends and colleagues, so many of whom have commented on how these are ‘the best’ cookies they’ve ever tasted! Even though they’ve been in the fridge rather than the freezer, Hey! but I think smaller ones would be just as good. Thank you for sharing! Place golf ball size scoops of dough about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Thanks for sharing ❤️, Also I forgot to ask, can these be made as triple chocolate cookies? Please suggest an eggless version for these beautiful chocolate chip cookies. I don’t understand how you can judge what I am saying to someone else when responses are typed and across the internet? They were delicious xx. You can do, but they are pretty soft when they come out anyway so you don’t want them to be raw.. x. I will definitely try the triple chocolate recipe next. So simple to make yet so delicious. These look amazing! Copyright © 2020 My Baking Addiction | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Salted Caramel Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies, 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake flour, 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar, 1 1/4 pounds bittersweet disks or fèves, at least 60 percent cacao content  (see note below), Sea salt (sometimes I add this, sometimes, I don't). they’re so easy and I’ll definitely be making them again! Couldn’t help but eat them all! I would personally reduce the baking time to about 10 minutes for a half size! Yes muscovado sugar would work well! Works perfectly with all chocolates! You can freeze the raw dough or the baked cookies for up to three months! Stir in the vanilla. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe. Add in the plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt and beat till a cookie dough is formed! x. I have made this in the past are they are AMAZING! could I use chocolate orange for the chocolate chips? The recipe was clear and easy to follow, which was very helpful as it was my first time making cookies (I tend to just bake cakes). So simple but so scrumptious. Yes they’d definitely still be tasty! Could you swap out choc chips for normal chocolate blitzed into small chunks? (Although, I will be making a chocolate version soon!). The recipe makes a lot of dough. Made these amazing cookies Yesterday, OMG they are to die for, my little 6year old Grandson said “These are the nicest cookies I ever had” . Millionaires Shortbread - Back to Basics! Ahh that’s amazing! My only query is that both times I’ve used one egg and my mixture hasn’t formed into a dough, I’ve had to pop another one in. Welcome to my Kitchen! Thank you for the recipe can’t wait for the chocolate ones❤️, Ahh thank you!! Levain's cookies, which have been dubbed "New York City's most famous cookies," are massive, puffy, and beautifully soft and gooey. If I wanted to add cocoa powder to make it a triple chocolate one how much cocoa would you add? In terms of the moisture content, perhaps the eggs you’re using are smaller than normal resulting in the lack of moist cohesion in your dough. Struggling to get choc chips on lockdown. I haven’t seen a difference when I’ve baked directly from frozen (when they’ve been frozen for a while). Mentioned in the notes of the recipe!! They took the blogging world by storm several years ago. These have become a big favourite in my house and we try different chocolate bars chopped up instead and so far so good!! They do require a little planning ahead, because the ingredient list calls for bread and cake flours and they require a 24 hour chill time, but trust me, it’s so worth it! So so glad you like them! Hi Jane, your stuff is fab! Thank you!! Followed the recipe and it came out EXACTLY like the pictures. https://www.delish.com/.../recipes/a46396/copycat-levain-bakery-cookies Fiancé loves them, and after the first lot I have made another two batches that are in the freezer waiting, as I can’t trust myself not to eat them all when baked!! This is my go-to recipe for chocolate chip cookies. It’s perfection. They are amazing, watched the video on YouTube which made them really easy to make. For measuring. It helps create the best cookie which is why it’s in all of my cookie recipes! Thanks for the amazing recipes! Ahh yay! Just made these for the 1st time and OMG they are amazing, and so easy to make. For smaller cookies, use a heaping tablespoon and bake for 12 minutes. I have seen this New York Times chocolate chip cookie recipe … I kept the little dough balls frozen and bakes them fresh for people birthdays to drop on their doorstep! Is it okay to ask why is that? I would use a mix of the dark brown and granulated! The method for New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies is certainly a bit different than what most of us are used to. These are the first cookies I made that I actually liked! Author: Hip Foodie Mom.