So when you to set your trail stop (TSL), that ‘MARK’ is what you’re linking you TSL to. The final price type is percentage. https://iamsimplesimon.com/2019/12/20/how-to-set-a-trailing-stop-order-on-thinkorswim/?preview=true. I'm hoping that my mistakes will help those of you reading this. We also received several industry awards, "Trader App" (TD Ameritrade Mobile Trader, 4 years in a row), "Trader Community" (5 years in a row) and "Desktop Platform" (thinkorswim®) (8 years in a row). Once you have your settings the way you want. TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Sometimes that doesn’t work and I have to lower the price closer to the ‘MARK’. Thanks: 1,519 given, The Mark is the price that your option premium is worth currently. One problem however, it has a minor bug where it sometimes will not display the entry size if there is no activity in the stock (low volume). You are using an out of date browser. Then, when the mark price goes down, the TSL does not go down(and possibly triggers to minimize both profit loss and investment loss). You are going to click this circle at the right of Euro-US dollar and then you are going to choose create order with a stop. For a short position, place the trailing stop above the current market price. Reviewed against 14 other online brokers, TD Ameritrade was named #1 Overall Broker in the StockBrokers.com 2020 Online Broker Review (2 years in a row). Get a daily intelligence briefing from our chief market strategist, JJ Kinahan, to hear his take on the latest news in stocks, bonds, commodities, and all things financial. Avg Prc – The trailing stop price will be calculated as the average fill price plus the offset specified as an absolute value. In my opinion, the order should be set to Good Until Cancel (GTC), otherwise will be canceled by the end of day, right? Once you have your settings the way you want. First, can you explain this a littler better? received, MulitCharts: Limit Order converted to MIT. I have a Sizing Calculator that I picked up (maybe from this site? The first is price. Agreed. And we have a stop order, “Good until it’s cancelled.” This means that it will stay on until we cancel it or it gets failed and we confirm and send it. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 3. I want the latter but seems the former keeps on occurring. A dropdown menu gives you your option on the type of sell. As far as it triggering when the underlying and option price goes up, I would ask ToS support. If it does not say Enabled, click on the ‘Enable’ link to add advanced features to your account. When investing your capital is at risk. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. No stop loss. This goes without saying, but be careful holding small cap stocks overnight. This would be a very helpful indicator. Your one-stop trading app that packs the features and power of thinkorswim Desktop into the palm of your hand. I just can't remember where. Afterwards, click on Active Trader or "AT" again to remove the Active Trader, but the autosend will still remain on the chart. The average fill price is calculated based on all trades that constitute the open position for the current instrument. They blindly put stops at the low of the previous candle without calculating the ratio of shares, which leads to larger losses, smaller profits and inconsistency in their P&L, Adjusted the names of the label fields to: Qty, Limit, Stop, Entry, Changed the order of the labels to: Qty, Limit, Stop, Entry. Oh well, another lesson learned! 2) If after hours or premarket moves the underlying in the opposite direction, your option would lose you money and close you out with a considerable loss when the market opens. TD Ameritrade Media Productions Company and TD Ameritrade, Inc., are separate but affiliated subsidiaries of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation. (definition from Investopedia). The icon and level are a reference, but don’t let it freak you out if it drops below without selling. Pesonally I think TOS is trying to be ‘the one solution’ trading platform to ALL traders.