Rama chary Rachakonda However, in both cases amount received is exempt u/s 10(10AA) as under: The above can be well understood with an Example: Mr. X retires from ABC private sector on Feb 28, 2011. Duration of service is 24 years. 15000/- p.m. plus petrol conveyance Rs. All the information in the blog is for educational and informational purpose only. How to Pay 0 Income Tax on Rs 20+ Lakh Salary? Then how u will calculate leave salary’s formula calculation i.e. Leave salary calculation will be based on 365 working days, means from last leave salary pay date to add 365 days. Required fields are marked *. Murthy B.C Leave Salary or Leave Encashment is simply the amount payable for the employee’s leave period, depending upon the leaves to his credit. However, benefit of relief is availed u/s 89(1). There is no fixed rule as how much leaves can be carried forward every year or how many leaves can be encashed. how much will i be able to get the amount. There are differences between tax experts on the tax treatment of leave encashment at the time of resignation. and i have11 days remaining leaves. amit chhabra. Should you Choose to be Employee or Independent Consultant from Taxation Perspective? Gross monthly salary divided by 21.67 multiplied by leave days The calculation is as follows (as per the salary and leave days you have provided): They will get approximately R16550.00 gross pay (R17933.00/21.67 X 20) i.e. Last 10 months average basic salary & dearness allowance before leaving the job, Cash equivalent of the leave balance, subject to maximum of 30 days for each completed year of service, Government employees can have maximum of 10 months of leave accumulation and hence encashment, NPS Tax Benefit u/s 80CCD(1), 80CCD(2) and 80CCD(1B). ?”, Your email address will not be published. If you mean payment of leave salary it will be paid on (BASIC + DA)/30 * No of Days leave available. 08 October 2012, my office marketing executive salary for Rs. 3,00,000 is a lifetime limit, so if resignation from different jobs occurs at different times, total exemption is limited to Rs. Sector V, Saltlake Electronic Complex, 1,50,000 is exempt whereas amount of Rs. Leave Salary /Encashment received on retirement or on death. Kolkata 700091, West Bengal, India, Bangalore:No 972 H, 2nd Floor, 1st A Main, ST Bed Layout, Koramangala 4th Block, Bangalore 560034, Karnataka, India, Rendering Services in 100 cities (India and abroad). How leave Salary is Calculated on above case.   29 December 2011. Formula: Annual leave encashment = (leave days x 12) x (Gross Salary x 12 / 365) Please suggest me after 11 month completed some personal issue ,i had resigned my job and complete 45 notice period , Can i have able to Leave Encashment, If one person retires on 31/10/18 .. and done services for 20 year and 8 month … Pay scale is 3000-100-5000 ….. Then how u will calculate leave salary’s formula calculation i.e. Please use our SARS income tax calculator and enter the total leave plus salary for the month to see amount you will clear. Leave Salary or Leave Encashment is simply the amount payable for the employee’s leave period, depending upon the leaves to his credit. my question is what amount should i have to pay the actual Basic Salary or Net i have actual with drawn or second question is ” HOW EL leaves calculated either with basic salary or fully amount which we got monthy ?? However the limit of Rs 3 lakh for non-government employee is for the entire lifetime. Here, Average Salary is to be calculated on the basis of average salary drawn during the period of 10 months immediately preceding the retirement or superannuation. If you mean payment of leave salary it will be paid on (BASIC + DA )/30 * No of  Days leave available. Leave Salary /Encashment received during the employment Fully taxable under “ Income from Salary†, in hands of both the Government and Non-government employees.   30 December 2011, You Can calculate on last salary taken /30 day X No of day Leaves available, VENUGOPALAKRISHNAN P K The calculation of leave pay is based on the employee’s current weekly pay rate or the rate of the employee’s average weekly earnings over the last 12 months, whichever is higher. 10 months avg salary immediately preceding month of retirement … Plz tell me calculation, plz guide , i resigned from my job and i have 30 EL leaves , i have to serve 3 month notice but due to some urgency i still able to complete 2 months , now they want 1 month salary from me …. Professional Course, Online Excel Course We take each case separately. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you encash leaves partially or fully while in service the income from encashment is fully taxable for both government and non-government employee. Leave Salary /Encashment received during the employment. (Excise Officer) Leave availed is 19 months & leave at the credit of employee is 17 months. Required fields are marked *, +  6  =  15 .hide-if-no-js { How Leave Salary is Calculated where the Provision for a Leave during the year in a Company is for a 21 Days.   Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. Also Read: 11 Tax Free Components You Must have in Salary. You will get approximately R5,600 gross pay (R11,000/21.67 X 11) i.e before tax. (FINANCE DEPT.) before tax. 10 months avg salary immediately preceding month of retirement … Plz tell me calculation. (Accounts) 3,60,000 is taxable under the head “Income from Salary”. This needs to be added to your salary and then will be taxed at your marginal rate of tax.