Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Fantastic. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add milk and heat just to boiling, stirring constantly. In a large saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. What would you serve with this? This is versatile as I was eating it I was thinking of all the things I could add to it: cubed ham potatoes unseasoned croutons crumbled bacon etc. Return to saucepan and, over medium heat, heat just to boiling. I also used low-sodium broth since the cheese tends to be a bit salty. Combined with a salad, this rich soup is a meal for my husband and me.... We often have chili cook-offs at our church, so we trade lots of different recipes.... Our three young children aren't big cauliflower fans. Add half and half and bring to simmer. Cheese goes with everything, especially in these recipes for cheese soup, including French onion soup, potato cheese soup, cream cheese soup, vegetable cheese soup, cheese chowder and more. I had this soup back in the 80s at a very nice restraunt in the Old Port (Portland ME) here. Thanks for a terrific soup that is worthy of company! https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/four-cheese-soup/420357, Get Detailed Nutrition Facts on Any Recipe. But in this soup, the cauliflower can... A few simple kitchen staples makes for an impressive soup. Ad Partners: SheKnows Media - Lifestyle - See Full Partners List>. Use a better-quality yellow cheddar... I’m a homemaker and enjoy preparing hearty soups and stews for my husband and two... A friend gave me the recipe for this chunky vegetable soup, which I've been making... My husband and I live in the Dairy State of Wisconsin. 2. Whisk in the flour and cornflour and cook for about a minute stirring constantly. I had only bought enough cheese for the recipe so I had to add a can of campbells nacho cheese soup to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer covered 15 minutes stirring occasionally. This creamy cheese soup is delicious on a cold winter day! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. They have since closed and how I have MISSED having this. Plenty of room for experimentation too - broccoli cauliflower blue cheese etc etc. Custom folders. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. My daughter does not eat soup she loved it! I will make this often. I know it's not Fall yet but it sounded so good I tried it in August. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Try this for a little added protien add a can of tiny shrimp to the recipe you won't be disapointed. I used low sodium broth (boxed)and left the soup unblended. My family really liked it. We top it with bacon pieces. Yum! This soup didn't have enough of a cheesy taste for me. It's a wonderful soup, and I will make it for years to come, thanks. This is a great soup. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. 479 calories; protein 26.1g 52% DV; carbohydrates 12.8g 4% DV; fat 35.9g 55% DV; cholesterol 109.5mg 37% DV; sodium 956.8mg 38% DV. Add chicken broth and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened. Xtra-Sharp cheddar gave it a nice taste as well. Only word of advice is turn the heat down when you add the onions to the butter or they will burn! Thanks! So simple yet so delicious. Info. As a result, several features will be disabled. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13841/creamy-cheddar-cheese-soup Find recipes for your diet. I liked the texture and the soup kept well in the refrigerator. I made a few adjustments to this savory soup recipe I came across in a... That's why she often serves Cheesy Broccoli Soup. With wire whisk or slotted spoon, stir in cheese until melted. Add stock and potato and bring to a boil. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. This wasnt the flavor that I was hoping for but it was okay. Without a doubt the BEST SOUP I have ever had!! Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This is my adaptation of a recipe served at a popular local restaurant. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This vegan French onion soup uses a few unconventional ingredients to create umami. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. If you... For anyone who loves baked potato or broccoli-cheese soup, this is the best of both... Who needs a bun? Amount is based on available nutrient data. It was great with the pieces of onion in it. This is a winner! Link in another recipe. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Sprinkle with croutons if desired. This recipe for cheese soup is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. I also mixed in some leftover nacho beef and made nacho soup! Congrats! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Stir in flour and cook until flour has blended with onion mixture. You saved Creamy Cheddar Cheese Soup to your. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I came up with a cheddar cheese soup a while ago and decided to give... My six grandchildren enjoy feasting on big bowls of this zesty chili. 1. This is a wonderful addition to potlucks, and it comes together so easily! In our area, we use lots of zucchini. In a 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter or margarine. Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/four-cheese-french-onion-soup Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Thank you Maureen! After getting 3 cavities filled this made a comforting dinner that was easy to prepare. 472. One day I decided to try a... "I came up with this soup after I had tried something similar at a restaurant,"... “When my husband and I visit fresh food stands, we often come home with more... Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Remove ads. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in the chicken stock and milk so that no lumps form. This is one of my favorite vegetarian recipes, especially on those cold winter evenings. Try this Four Cheese Soup recipe, or contribute your own. You can always add more salt if you prefer but it's better to start low and work up! Hi, this web browser has Javascript disabled. I added corn for a bit of lump fantastic. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Gradually whisk cheeses into soup until melted. Calories per serving: Add unlimited recipes. Use New York State Sharp Cheddar which is worth the extra few pennies. Try visiting this page in a Javascript-enabled browser: https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/four-cheese-soup/420357. Cheese goes with everything, especially in these recipes for cheese soup, including French onion soup, potato cheese soup, cream cheese soup, vegetable cheese soup, cheese chowder and more. Very comforting and tasty. View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc. Add onion and saute 5 minutes or until golden. Puree. If cheese does not melt completely, cook over very low heat about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Four Cheese Soup 2 tablespoons butter 1 onion chopped 14 1/2 ounces chicken stock 1 medium potato peeled and diced 2 cups Half-and-half cream 3/4 cups provolone cheese shredded 3/4 cups parmesan cheese shredded 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded 3/4 cups cheddar cheese shredded croutons 1. leek - white & pale -green parts only, chopped 4 c Chicken stock - or canned -low-salt broth 1 Med. * Exported from MasterCook * FOUR CHEESE SOUP Recipe By : Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00 Categories : Soups/Stews Cheese/Eggs Vegetarian Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method ----- ----- ----- 2 tb Unsalted butter 1 Med. Snuggle up with a bowl of velvety cheese soup. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring frequently until tender. In covered blender at medium speed, blend about 1/4 of soup mixture at a time until smooth. I've made this a few times, and I could never get it really creamy until I used velveeta. Quick easy and delicious. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Soups Cheese Soups. Nice recipe Maureen. I have 3 1/2 lb blocks of frozen cheese that just crumble into 100000 little bits when thawed and this was a perfect way to use some of that cheese. When I served mine I put a dollop of sour cream with crumble bacon and a little grated cheese on top. The best tags are ones that the general public finds useful -- e.g., Simple, Vegan, Chocolate, Easy, Advance, etc. In a large saucepan over medium heat melt butter.