While the surface of your skin can change color because of many things, such as exposure to the elements or acne, your undertone will always stay the same. Foundation is arguably one of the most important makeup products you'll own, but it's also one of the toughest to buy. It’s even more of a risk to not match with your foundation if you shop for products online. While I adore online shopping, when it comes to makeup, I’m always struggling with my purchases. How to Choose Foundation Color Online. Choosing a foundation color that matches your skin. With thousands of foundation shades on the market to choose from, that also range in coverage and finish, it’s no wonder many of us choose a color that isn’t quite right. Here is everything you need to know about picking the right foundation color … That said, with the advent of online shopping, there will come a time when you'll be tempted to buy your base online.The problem with that, of course, is you can't always tell if you're picking the right color. While in-store shopping is great, I can’t just hit Sephora every time I need foundation or any other makeup piece. Your unique skin type has finally met its match! It acts as a base on which you build up your entire makeup look. So, if you want to know how to choose a foundation color that works for you, follow our step-by-step guide. Discover the ideal shade of foundation customized to your skin tone with Maybelline's foundation finder. Understand your undertone. Before trying to choose a foundation, it’s best to determine a few things about your skin, such as your undertone. When shopping for foundation, nothing beats the accuracy of swatching the color in person. However, it isn’t impossible. Thankfully, there are things you can do to increase your chances of making the best choice each and every time. Pat the foundation on your jawline when it arrives, using a sponge, brush or your clean fingers. For example, it will tell you that liquid foundations are best for … The brand’s online Makeup Shade Finder quiz is fantastic because it doesn’t simply lead you to a great color, it also teaches you. For some reason, buying a good foundation online … Foundation is arguably one of the most important makeup products you'll own, but it's also one of the toughest to buy. There’s absolutely nothing worse than wearing the wrong foundation color on your skin and looking weirdly orange everywhere you go. Foundation is an essential part of any makeup kit. It can give you a boost of confidence by … Choose according to your shade and level of warmth, in the lightest coverage that’s appropriate for your skin. Choose a foundation brand that indicates undertone and shade -- for example, cool and fair -- in the title or description.