How often can you have restaurant quality steak? Salt the steak overnight if you have the time and want to maximize your flavor. If your steak is very wet and moist, pat it dry before you cook it. Tested. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Mix 2 Tbsp oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup honey, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 Tbsp vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp ginger and a pinch of garlic in a pot, then warm on medium heat until honey becomes liquid and flavors meld (about 10 minutes). This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. Remove from fridge, rinse steaks and pat dry with a paper towel, let sit on a plate for 1 hour, then grill. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23365148/how-to-pan-fry-steak Once butter is simmering (NOT smoking- don't let it get too hot otherwise your steak will burn!) You can also put the steak in the oven to finish cooking. Required fields are marked *. Last Updated: June 3, 2020 Use a cut of steak at least 1 in (2.5 cm) thick for best results, and heat it up for 3-6 minutes on both sides. This content is imported from {embed-name}. If your marinade has citrus juices like lime or lemon, don't let it sit it for more than 2 hours. While your steak is cooking, spoon butter on it to keep it moist and delicious. You can easily cook your steak in a frying pan. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, you can press the meat and see if the meat is firm for well-done, or soft for rare. After 3-6 minutes, flip the steak over and cook it for an additional 3-6 minutes. Have questions? You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, The 4 Commandments To Cooking The Perfect Ham. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Step 1: Let the steaks rest outside the package on the counter for about 30 minutes. Spoon melted butter over … Your email address will not be published. You want something at least 1 inch—1 ½ is even better! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. The Delish test kitchen prefers boneless ribeye steak because of all the marbled fat. Never. wikiHow's. :D", "I've taken tips such as when to add the pepper and the butter. *EXTRA CREDIT: Season the steak with salt the night before and let it rest (uncovered) in the fridge overnight. Makinze is the Associate Food Editor for Delish.com. Very informative! If you’re cooking a really thin cut, like a skirt steak, you’ll need to watch it closely to make sure it doesn’t get over-cooked. Next make a tight fist with the left hand and press on the same muscle. It’s pretty informative and will help you when you’re grocery shopping for some beef. Use a cut of steak at least 1 in (2.5 cm) thick for best results, and heat it up for 3-6 minutes on both sides. Baste your steak with butter and spices for some extra flavor, and eat your steak with sides like mashed potatoes, broccoli, and side salad. Continue cooking the steak for an additional 2 minutes. I'm going to pan fry my steak tonight because of it. ", "I'm glad I found your page. ", Will try this, as there are times that I am not able to grill outdoors. Only when the oil is shimmering and just about to smoke are you allowed to add the steak. After the oil smokes, should I turn down the heat from high to medium before place the meat in the pan? Cook 7 minutes, then flip and add butter. Worked out just fine. Salt leads to flavor. Cast iron and heavy-duty pans retain heat after you place the steak into the pan, making them great when cooking the steak. To make sure your steak doesn't cool, cover it with aluminum foil or place it in your oven set to the lowest setting. "This was by far the easiest to ingest guide I found that actually produced amazing results. To cook steak in a frying pan, first season the steak with your favorite seasonings, like salt and pepper. Can I cook my steak in a non-stick frying pan? It will take thicker cuts of steak longer to cook. Thank you Kevin! Do it whenever you want at home with this recipe. Hi! Follow our easy tips below and you'll become a pro in no time. If you want to do something thinner like a flank or skirt steak, you’ll need to reduce the amount of time per side. The wikiHow Video Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work. Cook the steak on high heat for 3-6 minutes, depending on how cooked you want it. Let the steak sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. The oil is used to provide a buffer between the steak and the pan. Baste your steak with butter and spices for some extra flavor, and eat your steak with sides like mashed potatoes, broccoli, and side salad. TEMPERATURE CHEAT SHEET: Medium-rare: 130°-135°, Medium: 135°-145°, Medium-well:145-155°, Wine And Spirit Tags Are Perfect For Holidays, Starbucks Color-Changing Holiday Cups Are Here, 23 Healthier Ways To Eat Pumpkin This Fall. Have you made this? How To Cook A Damn Good Steak In The Oven. Ribeye is great too, though. Just pat the steaks with paper towels before you add them to the pan. If your marinade has acid, alcohol, or salt, don't marinate for more than 4 hours, since these ingredients denature the food. I didn't. "Always wondered how to cook steak on the stove top. Very helpful.". Not everyone likes rare or well-done steaks, for instance. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9c\/Cook-Steak-in-a-Frying-Pan-Step-1-Version-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Steak-in-a-Frying-Pan-Step-1-Version-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9c\/Cook-Steak-in-a-Frying-Pan-Step-1-Version-5.jpg\/aid29089-v4-728px-Cook-Steak-in-a-Frying-Pan-Step-1-Version-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"410","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved.