When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and cook, stirring often until the garlic gets soft and is just starting to brown. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Stir to combine. Don’t have a microwave? Start by browning the ground beef. 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin. Meanwhile, lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Just pop the acorn squash in the oven to roast while you make a quick and easy skillet beef enchilada mixture. Drizzle olive oil over the acorn squash and sprinkle with any seasoning you prefer. This is an elegant-looking dish that can be served for special-occasion meals as well as everyday dinners. These Mexican-Style Stuffed Acorn Squash are twice baked, stuffed with ground beef and veggies, then topped with cheddar cheese and served sizzling hot! This ground beef-stuffed kabocha squash is a shelter-at-home comfort-food recipe. While the squash is baking – saute the onions and ground beef on medium heat with the other dry ingredients until browned. Continue to cook, while stirring around, until vegetables are slightly soft, 5 to 10 minutes more. Add sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Then place on a roasting pan and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450°F. Cook the ground beef just until no pink remains, then drain any excess fat. This delicious Stuffed Acorn Squash has a great balance of savory and sweet. Tex-Mex Beef and Bean Stuffed Squash by Diana Rattray, Updated June 3, 2019 Classic-Recipes Tex-Mex flavors abound in this stuffed squash. Beef Picadillo-Stuffed Acorn Squash. Add the onion and jalapeno to the pot and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Just leave out the meat altogether, or substitute ground soy, tofu, tempeh, or any other vegetarian option. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/64311/stuffed-acorn-squash-ii Turn off the stove. Filled with ground beef seasoned with warm spices, dried cranberries, golden raisins, pistachios, parsley and mint. Fix this in about 40-45 minutes for an easy and healthy fall dinner recipe. How to roast an acorn squash: Now that you clean your acorn squash, it’s time to roast or bake it. The stuffed squash is baked to perfection with a cheese topping. Bake at 425°F (190°C) 30 minutes until just tender. Cut your squash in half and take out the seeds. Place squash halves, cut sides up, on a large rimmed baking sheet. Make sure you season the beef with salt and pepper while it cooks. First off, this recipe is super-duper easy to make! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Ground beef stuffed acorn squash recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. The stuffing I used for this recipe is the same stuffing for Filipino Tortang Talong (Stuffed Eggplant Omelet). Remove from oven; turn squash, cut sides up. This is the perfect fall and winter dish! Learn how to cook great Ground beef stuffed acorn squash . While the squash rings roast, heat the 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange squash, cut sides down. 2 cloves of garlic, minced. 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped. A nutrient-rich alternative to the brown-sugar-and-butter treatment for squash. Related: Maple Glazed Squash Rings Prep Time: 20 minutes Add the herb-cranberry mixture to the ground beef, as well as the 1 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon caraway. Then add water to the depth of 1/4-inch and bake, uncovered, until the squash is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. If you want to make everything ahead of time, you can prep everything, cover and refrigerate and reheat the squash in the oven, fill, and broil right before serving. It's a fun way to dress up ground beef by seasoning it, then stuffing it into flavorful squash. This is a "must" for our family when our garden squash is in bloom. When the squash is cool to the touch, use a spoon to scoop out some of the flesh and mix into the beef. You can also swap in ground pork or chicken. Whenever I find myself in a creative slump for my weeknight meals, I turn toward stuffed vegetables or casseroles to change things up. Cut in half and discard the seeds. Return the squash to the oven and bake another 15 minutes at 375ºF (185ºC) until everything is heated through. Drizzle evenly with 1 tablespoon of the oil; sprinkle with 1 ½ teaspoons of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. This stuffed roasted acorn squash is obviously wonderful to serve right away, BUT you can also save the leftovers – already stuffed – to reheat later on. You could even make it as a Mother's Day surprise - it's really only a couple of steps beyond a sloppy Joe, really! A savory Mexican-style twist on a fall favorite! 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Mexican food and cold weather just don’t seem to mix in my head. olive oil, acorn squash, onion, ground beef, balsamic vinegar and 10 more Rice and Beans Stuffed Acorn Squash The Viet Vegan black pepper, long-grain brown rice, salt, toasted sesame oil and 5 more But, Acorn squash just became my new favorite thing to cook with and stuff… you’ll know why after you try this Beef Enchilada Stuffed Acorn Squash. Ground beef stuffed acorn squash recipe. Go vegetarian: This recipe is super easy to make vegetarian, or even vegan! Ground beef, or your preferred protein: Lean ground beef is my pick for this stuffed acorn squash recipe, but you can use turkey, chicken, or even spicy sausage. Pour the ground beef into the same large bowl. I used ground pork but you can substitute ground beef or ground turkey or even pork sausage if you want. salt and pepper. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. This is a great meal to make when you're in a ground beef rut and need some fresh ideas using seasonal fall and winter ingredients. Once the squash is ready, stuff the squash with the beef filling and bake for another 15 minutes.