* Raw flour can contain E. Coli, to prevent this, pasteurize it at home. Melted butter is the number one cause of yucky cookie dough. Mixing Bowls– make sure to check out my article on Using the Right Mixing Bowl, you’d be surprised how many people aren’t! Home » Recipes » Desserts » Cookies » Eggless Edible Cherry Chocolate Cookie Dough. I cant say that I was any better. You might only need 1/2 tablespoon since it is thinner than the juice. Microwaving is the quickest way to do this. Snap a pic and hashtag it #SavoryExperiments— We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Stop beating when the mixer looks like cookie dough. I UNAPOLOGETICALLY LOVE TO EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH. See article for suggestions on edible cookie dough as well as flour safety. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). Can I use salted butter? I love the color from the maraschino cherries! Combine wet and dry ingredients and beat until dough forms. Edible Cherry Chocolate Cookie Dough is a single serving eggless cookie dough made with chocolate chips and maraschino cherries. In the event that the dough is too loose, add a bit of flour back and mix. Thanks for the info! Serve with spoons, cookies, or graham crackers. JUST YUM! Watch the flour closely so it doesn’t burn. Microwaving is the quickest way. What is the difference between vanilla extract and vanilla flavoring? We do all of that with a few shortcuts. She is obsessed with butter, salt and bacon and spends all her time in the kitchen and behind a camera. Not only does it taste fantastic, but you can adjust it to make it gluten free and dairy free. Oh this is perfect for Valentine’s Day! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This crazy simple recipe will have you coming back for more. I don’t have brown sugar, what do I do? Filter through hundreds of recipes to find the specific meal. Eggless Edible Cherry Chocolate Cookie Dough. CLICK: 7 Days to Being a Better Home Cook. I’m going out on a limb to say you melted the butter. Measuring Utensils– While I like to eyeball it, most folks prefer to measure. They should be good for up to 6 months. This will make a great Valentine’s day party food. Just keep mixing! Yes, please refrigerate until ready to eat. This recipe makes around 5 cups of dough. I suppose you can use a vegan butter, but quite frankly, it is a pinnacle of the recipe and I am not sure how good it will be without it. I like to control my own salt. How to make edible cookie dough without butter? Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post! And because there are no eggs, it’s safe to eat at room temperature! Go ahead and dig in – no eggs, no baking and tons of ways to make this one unique. I rarely use salted butter for baking, or even no-bake baking. We use M&Ms, but you can use any candy or chocolate chip (or leave alone) that you want for your own dough. Since there are no eggs the dairy free version is vegan! And I happen to have eaten a lot of that dough. Make your own with the best Edible Cookie Dough Recipe around. Your email address will not be published. Call it a dip or call it a dessert - Can't say cookie dough is guilt free, but everyone deserves a treat and this is a great recipe for kids to help create! You can use margarine, but since this is made of vegetable oil, it will change the flavor slightly. How long does edible cookie dough last? You can also find us on TIkTok (@TrishaandCharlotte) or on Pinterest here. I love that my girls can eat this because it is eggless. For more information, please see my Privacy Policy. This easy to make dough can be pretty much ready to eat instantly, taking longer to get out and measure the ingredients then it does to actually make it. Some recipes for edible cookie dough may be, but since mine contains butter, it is not. Side dish recipes are what brings every one to the table! Mix in the vanilla, flour, and milk until the dough forms. IN SECOND BOWL: Add butter, milk and vanilla and beat as best as you can. This recipe looks like such a tasty treat! Your email address will not be published. If you prefer to cook your flour to be sure to kill this kind of bacteria, usually 1 minute in the microwave takes care of this (160 degrees Fahrenheit) prior to mixing into this dough recipe. Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. I also love raw cookie dough! How to Make Wooden Bead Garland with Tassels. Check out more information on how to freeze food properly HERE! In the event that the dough is too loose, add a bit of flour back and mix. HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT | RECIPE INDEX | ADVERTISE |MEDIA KIT. How to make edible cookie dough without butter? If you alter in any way and it works, I would love to hear your feedback. Please be mindful that all microwaves are different. Roll them into balls and then place them in an airtight plastic bag. Vanilla extract is typically much more expensive because vanilla pods are pricey. Just a side note, edible cookie dough cannot be baked like normal cookie dough and will not rise – there are no eggs. All Rights Reserved. Learn how your comment data is processed. Join me on a culinary journey. Does raw cookie dough need to be refrigerated? Jessica the mom, wife and food lover behind Savory Experiments. Copyright © 2020 Savory Experiments, All Rights Reserved. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. In a bowl beat together butter and sugars until fluffy. Just a side note, edible cookie dough cannot be baked like normal cookie dough and will not rise – there are no eggs. Cherry and chocolate are a fantastic combination. Some of my favorites are my keto friendly side dishes, delicious green beans, seafood salads, and so much bacon. Now, I will say that this recipe makes enough cookie dough for you to split it in half and make two different mixes or just go crazy with one big happy bowl full. Serve with spoons, graham crackers, vanilla wafers or cookies! Edible cookie dough is a raw flour and egg-free treat with graham crackers and chocolate chips that is safe for everyone to enjoy. And while I was busy making five or six trial batches of my Cherry Chocolate Cookies, I went through a lot of dough. He kept Toll-house cookie dough in the fridge with a  SPOON in it, wrapped with a baggie, and would just go to the fridge and eat out a spoonful. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest. You can also put it in the oven on 350 degrees for about 5ish minutes. I do use a small amount of cherry juice for flavor and part of the liquid. It changes the texture and consistency and forces you to add more flour to avoid cookie dough soup, only this makes the texture gritty and well, flour-y. *In order to make the dough "edible" preheat the oven to 375 degrees F spread the flour across a baking sheet. Don't wait! This is the best edible Cookie Dough Recipe. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Not to mention the beautiful pink color! Can I use this eggless cookie dough for ice cream? This is more of a cookie dough truffle and the answer is yes, but you might need to add slightly more flour in order to roll them into balls.